Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Longview / Tyler Tx area?
bmtrnavsky
post Aug 11 2017, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,245
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hey, guys, I moved to Texas from Seattle a few years ago and my 914 has been in storage the entire time. I'm finally in a place in my life where I can pull it out and have fun with it again, but I don't know any of the local 914 guys. Whos here?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post Aug 11 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #2

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340
Region Association: South East States

I'm about an hour away in Shreveport. The local PCA chapter has done a couple East Texas drives this year.
+Quote Post
bmtrnavsky
post Nov 15 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #3

Awesome... I really need to hook up with some local guys. When I parked the car it would start with either, but run at like 4500 RPM and not idle. I think it is a vacuum problem, but I have no idea. I'm going to need help getting it fired up once I get a battery and the oil changed. I also need to drain the fuel and put a new filter in. I really have no clue why it was running weird, but I REALLY want to get it running again. I miss driving it and cant justify the body work it needs if it won't start. Hopefully, I can find some people to help?
+Quote Post
bmtrnavsky
post Mar 12 2018, 02:48 PM
Post #4

I just wanted to bump this post and see if I could find anyone local. after years of sitting, I have just bought a box of parts and am getting my baby back on the road! Anyone in East Texas?

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Nov 15 2017, 12:51 PM) *

Awesome... I really need to hook up with some local guys. When I parked the car it would start with either, but run at like 4500 RPM and not idle. I think it is a vacuum problem, but I have no idea. I'm going to need help getting it fired up once I get a battery and the oil changed. I also need to drain the fuel and put a new filter in. I really have no clue why it was running weird, but I REALLY want to get it running again. I miss driving it and cant justify the body work it needs if it won't start. Hopefully, I can find some people to help?

+Quote Post
dakotaewing
post Mar 12 2018, 04:40 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 897

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Mar 12 2018, 02:48 PM) *

I just wanted to bump this post and see if I could find anyone local. after years of sitting, I have just bought a box of parts and am getting my baby back on the road! Anyone in East Texas?

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Nov 15 2017, 12:51 PM) *

There are a slew of longtime veteran 914 guys in the DFW area.
I'm not aware of anyone in East Texas. Looks like you'll have to drive
about 90 minutes west for related adventures in general. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
In regard to to fixing your car, you might need to trailer it to Dallas if you want a mechanic to look at it and sort the motor out -
I understand that my not be the solution you were hoping for - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
aharder
post Mar 12 2018, 05:48 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,524

Hi Brad,

I'm in Dallas, and we have a lot of teeners in the DFW area.
Did you get your car back on the road yet?

+Quote Post
bmtrnavsky
post Aug 17 2018, 09:38 AM
Post #7

I wouldn't call it back on the road yet, but it's in the process. Summer was pretty busy, but I managed to get it into the garage finally, the fuel tank has been pulled and cleaned, and last night I pulled all the plugs to look at them, dumped a little weedeater mixed gas down each cylinder then shot some PB blaster in and let it sit a few hours, stuck a battery in and turned it over a few times. I was REALLY surprised that it spun easily and actually ran a little on the weedeater gas and oil. I mean like 5 seconds of actual running without the starter motor helping. did that about 4 times actually sputtered and ran a bit each time. I just wanted to spin a little oil into the top end. the oil still looked fresh and clean. I am going to change it this weekend but since it looked good I figured no sense in waiting to see if it would turn. It was doing a thing where it would be hard to start and run at about 4500 RPM but refuse to idle. I changed out all the vacuum lines a few weeks ago and it looks like that may have fixed that issue. I'm VERY hopeful with a fresh fuel filter and gas it is going to fire right up. Happy Day! Body is still rough from the ex-wife backing into it, but it seems mechanically sound. This weekend I am going to pull the wheels off, clean the breaks with some brake clean and blow out the fuel line. Hopefully, I can get that gas tank back in and get it in the road! I'm super engaged in this project now, so if there are any local people looking for a garage to hang out in and a car to work on. I'm game lol.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:31 PM