Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 weight and CG questions
Brett W
post May 19 2005, 10:54 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,169
Region Association: None

Well Greg the first thing you gotta do is come to the track when there are people racing. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

I don't like giving canned answers to peoples race car problems because every car is different. Each chassis is different so the same responses won't give the same effects. Are you referring to your old car or your new car?

Kevin has a great job. Make sure you develope the connections to hook a teener up to your testing stuff.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
groot
post May 19 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #22

Dis member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,444

They test race cars all the time..... NASCAR, F1 cars (before we gave Jag away) even some FSAE cars, but I haven't been able to find someone willing to allow me to bring in my car.

And yes, Greg, it all depends. Sorry, but that's the truth. I've gone down a path addressing what I think are the biggest problems with the 914 suspension and so has Brett, Brad and others; but the problems and solutions are different. Some are successful, some are not. Having not tried them all, I can't say which is which. All I can say it what I think has helped my car, but even that is suspect because I didn't have real data on the car before I made the changes (since I only auto-xed it on street tires).

There is one universal blanket statement that applies to all track cars...... additional seat time will account for more improvements than probably any other single thing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:09 PM