Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 Barn Find rust repair, General thoughts suggestions on rust repair
GMTSBarron
post Aug 16 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,344
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hello-- longtime Por-sche fan!
New to this forum…excited to find this group.
I have the opportunity to pick up a 1970 914-6 in need of rust repair, minor hell-hole issues but I suspect the driver’s side pan and longitude may need major repairs; seems water has gathered in the driver’s side seat corner by the parking brake. I expect the worse in that area but the rest of the car seems pretty free of rust, some surface rust but very clean compared to some I have seen. Fenders look clean and the trunk and taillight area looks super clean with original paint.
It started its life in Southern California and has been in the high desert of Southern Arizona for over 40 years. Sadly it has been parked under a tree for the past 3 years, it was running with a bad fuel pump when parked. The car is complete with the exception of the velour interior, has 75K miles on the odometer and seems to have never been in an accident.
Question for the forum.
Guesses, estimates, suggestions on the metal work repairs...
How much can I expect to spend on just the metal work specific to the driver’s side? Ie complete longitude and jack post repairs on driver’s side and rear portion of pan.
Apologies for the broad questions just trying to size up the project.
I am in Phoenix looking for a shop competent to complete the repairs.
Patrick Motorsports is on my list, they will be the first to look at car when I get it.
Also found Deluxe Custom in Tempe, very impressive group of 356’s being brought back to life.
Trying to close the deal in the next few days, wish me luck.
Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 01:13 PM