Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Engine Stalls Under Acceleration, '72 1.7L FI / Anyone in the area to help?
iankarr
post Aug 18 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #21

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(1adam12 @ Aug 18 2017, 06:05 PM) *

The first thing I had time to check just recently was the fuel lines. Like Mgphoto suggested, there was a bad kink on the larger hose under the fuel tank. I had to cut the length back about 2 inches so there wasn't too much slack on the line when placing the fuel tank back down. Unfortunately, this didn't change the loss of power but it's good that I fixed that. Next up: MPS vaccuum, Fuel pump, Distributor trigger points, then valve adjustment.

If you found a bad kink, I'm pretty sure that's still your problem...since, with a bad kink, the engine wouldn't have had enough fuel to rev and allow something else to be the cause in the first place. the ideal length of hose is 22" using the coil method. See link below. Also, the fabric-covered hoses are much less prone to kinking. Before I'd move on to anything else, I'd remove the skid plate and look through the inspection hole to verify the hoses are clear. After that, check pump pressure, MPS vacuum, fuel injectors and on down the line. I'm sure you'll be back on the road soon!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...282633&st=0
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ed_Turbo
post Aug 18 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,151
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(1adam12 @ Aug 18 2017, 08:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Aug 17 2017, 09:16 PM) *

I am not sure if I can make it this weekend but I would love to lend an extra hand in the future. Not familiar with D-Jet only L-Jet. Let me know bud.

Thanks Ed. Much appreciated! Hopefully I can resolve as much as I can this weekend but I'll keep you in mind and always good to meet local So Cal members.

Np bud let me know. Just pm me in the future.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 05:32 PM