Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Older Koni Rear Shock Ride Height Adjustment, How to Adjust Spring Perches
motorvated
post Aug 19 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,519
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I purchased a nice set of older Koni 82K1722 adjustable rear shocks a while back. They came with upper and lower spring perches and sleeves with snap rings that fit inside the spring perch large holes, but they are not big enough to slide over the shock bodies. When I installed them using some Weltmeister 140 lb springs, I didn't use the sleeves with the snap rings because I couldn't figure out where exactly they went. Diameter is too small to place them on the shock body and things didn't seem to assemble properly when I tried using them on the top. So I didn't use the sleeves and instead I used the domed black spring perches and original hardware from the old Boge shocks I had replaced.

After installed, my rear ride height is too high. Can anyone tell me how to assemble the parts shown in the photograph, and tell me if I am missing anything. My only option at this time appears to be cutting my springs to get a lower ride height, which I prefer not to do. Newer coil overs with threaded sleeves for the perches are in my future, but I'd like to run these for a while longer. Any help is appreciated.Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ed_Turbo
post Aug 19 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 21,151
Region Association: Southern California

I would not cut them bud. That is a big no no.
+Quote Post
motorvated
post Aug 19 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,519
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Didn't have to cut the springs after all. Even though it seems like there should be a centering bushing for the top mount, I managed to get the upper spring perch and sleeve with snap ring on, aligned, and bolted in place. Ride height is much better now. Re-shimmed the rear to keep desired camber. We'll see how it does on the track.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:22 AM