Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Guy!
71six
post Jul 5 2003, 06:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 884

Hi All,
I'm a new guy on the block and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I live in NH. I own a 1971 914-6 (9141430354) which I purchased new 32 years ago this month (yeh I'm kind of an old f*rt)! You might say I'm a lifer. I have promised the car to my 20 year old daughter so she won't let me track it or autocross it (never did these things in the past but I'm getting the itch now!). At present I am selling my other P car (1973 911S) to finance the purchase of a drivers ed/street car(either early 911 or 914-6). I'd love to build a GT replica like the orange one being done at present but my finances are limited. I am envious of that gentleman and do respect his dedication and thoroughness:-) Thats for sure! You guys have a great board and I hope I can contribute some helpful info in the future.
71six
Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Jul 5 2003, 07:15 AM
Post #2

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

Hi Mark - Welcome to the Club. With 32 years of 914 ownership, I am sure you will be able to teach all of us a thing or two. We would love to see a photo of your car. This Members 914 pictures thread that is nailed to the top of the Technical Forum would be a great place, so it stays availabe for all to enjoy. I am sure we would also like to see a photo of the future cars owner in your family. However I suggest you refrain from posting her photo. Some of us have a hard time controlling our testosterone levels. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jul 5 2003, 07:21 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Hey Mark,

Welcome a board!
Very cool to have an original owner amongst us

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jul 5 2003, 07:27 AM
Post #4

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Welcome Mark, I only hope to have 32 years of ownership!
I'd love to see pics (of the car).

thanks,
sean
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Jul 5 2003, 09:40 AM
Post #5

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Welcome Mark, I bought my first one in 73. Still have it and a 75 plus 3 organ donor cars. I think that makes 62 years between us.

Curt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jul 5 2003, 11:38 AM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Welcome Mark! Hey if your daughter doesn't want it I bet a few of us wouldn't mind it. You are the original owner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Holy crap! Well done that is the dream of many of us here. I mean finding a guy with a 914-6 that is the original owner. Then getting a steal buying it from him because he's like I paid $5500 for this new so it must be worth $1500 bucks now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . Or maybe that is just my dream.
Anyway please post some pics! Glad to have you on board (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
krk
post Jul 5 2003, 01:41 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 22

Hey Mark!

Let me add my "welcome" as well! It would be interesting to see pics of your car. We don't see too many '71's, and not very many original owners either!

(JRust -- you missed a zero -- lol)

kim.
+Quote Post
71six
post Jul 5 2003, 02:52 PM
Post #8

Hey All
I'm trying to get my neighbor to come over and get some digital pic's of the car in my barn. He's watching a ball game and I can't tear him away from it at present. I can tell you about the car though!!! Its metallic silver with black interior, has 5.5x14 fuchs alloys, european turn signal lenses front & rear, a racemark steering wheel, 911S oil pressure/temp gauge in place of left hand gauge(clock, volt ,and gas gauge are 2.5"under dash in a 3 gauge housing) a 2 in 2 out sport muffler(short rear valence), Koni red shocks, 19mm front sway bar. I hope to get a photo to you soon!!!!!
Mark
+Quote Post
tryan
post Jul 5 2003, 03:01 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 184

welcome to the party. climb the pole and disconnect his tv cable. we need pictures man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

lets see some detail on the sport muffler.
+Quote Post
krk
post Jul 5 2003, 03:04 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(71six @ Jul 5 2003, 12:52 PM)
Hey All
I'm trying to get my neighbor to come over and get some digital pic's of the car in my barn. He's watching a ball game and I can't tear him away from it at present. I can tell you about the car though!!! Its metallic silver with black interior, has 5.5x14 fuchs alloys, european turn signal lenses front & rear, a racemark steering wheel, 911S oil pressure/temp gauge in place of left hand gauge(clock, volt ,and gas gauge are 2.5"under dash in a 3 gauge housing) a 2 in 2 out sport muffler(short rear valence), Koni red shocks, 19mm front sway bar. I hope to get a photo to you soon!!!!!
Mark

Mark.

The original '71 /6 "in my barn" -- too funny!

Look forward to the pics! My 70 /6 is a silver respray on black, so this should be interesting! I recently acquired 14 x 5.5 fuchs and a set of gasburners as well - it currently has 15x7's (I think -- not had them off for examination yet). Yeh, my SO asks about all the wheels -- lol.

Some engine history could be fun -- how many miles on the car?

Anyhoo -- make him shoot a zillion pics... you can publish 3 a day and keep us all on the edge of our seats (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

kim.
+Quote Post
71six
post Jul 5 2003, 03:57 PM
Post #11

Hey krk,
The car has 82,000 miles on it. I forgot to mention it has the carrera tensioner upgrade also. Weber 40IDA instead of IDT carbs also. Early 911S distributor (steeper advance curve?). The engine's never been opened up either. Speaking of the gas burners I have 5 still in box'es I got from Stoddard 20 some years ago. Never had tire's mounted on then (I'm kind of a pack rat, thats why I have a barn:-)). The car was repainted in the 80's but silver is the original color. Photo's tomorrow with any luck!!!
Mark
PS-Marc Scala has seen the car by the way:-)
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jul 5 2003, 04:02 PM
Post #12

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Well I hope I can keep my car as long as you have! Tell us about your buying experience from the dealer! Im sure you have a good story to tell!

Pics!

Andyrew
+Quote Post
krk
post Jul 5 2003, 04:55 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(71six @ Jul 5 2003, 01:57 PM)
Hey krk,
The car has 82,000 miles on it. I forgot to mention it has the carrera tensioner upgrade also. Weber 40IDA instead of IDT carbs also. Early 911S distributor (steeper advance curve?). The engine's never been opened up either. Speaking of the gas burners I have 5 still in box'es I got from Stoddard 20 some years ago. Never had tire's mounted on then (I'm kind of a pack rat, thats why I have a barn:-)). The car was repainted in the 80's but silver is the original color. Photo's tomorrow with any luck!!!
Mark
PS-Marc Scala has seen the car by the way:-)

Ok. Let's see if I've got this right.

71 /6 in barn.

Gasburners still in boxes.

Yes?

You have to leave now.

Oh -- well -- post the pics first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Kidding of course. Actually I'd love to see pics of the boxers that the burners came in!

kim.
+Quote Post
krk
post Jul 5 2003, 04:56 PM
Post #14

Actually, who am I kidding? Forget the pics! I want the burners!

kim.
+Quote Post
71six
post Jul 5 2003, 05:00 PM
Post #15

Andyrew,
It was in I believe early July and I was at Manchester Porsche-Audi (distributor owned dealership) in Manchester,NH having my 1969 911T serviced. They had a yellow 914-6 there a saleman was using. I asked if I could take it for a test drive. They said yes so off I go. My initial impressions were of that glorious"symphony in flat six" right behind my ears and the forgiving nature of the handling compared to my T which had the dreaded hydro pneumtic front struts and "no" swaybars(not a good recipe for handling!!). When I returned to the dealership a car carrier was unloading "new" Porsche's including "my"silver 6. I proceeded to strike a deal using the 911T as partial trade for the 914-6. No I have never regreted it! Perhaps my neighbor will scan the window sticker and bill of sale tomorrow when he "hopefully" shoots some digital photo's for me to send you.
Mark
+Quote Post
71six
post Jul 5 2003, 05:02 PM
Post #16

Burner pic's tomorrow too!! Two of the box'es are still sealed:-)
Mark
+Quote Post
tryan
post Jul 5 2003, 05:21 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 184

you need to pass the window invoice around so we can all lick it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stones.gif)
+Quote Post
krk
post Jul 5 2003, 05:57 PM
Post #18

Mark,

It is not that common to see details of an original purchase. I'm sure that any bits you can pass on will be gobbled up by an appreciating group of 914 junkies!

You can see other indicators on other threads at this group where a machine of some history is involved. Every once in a while we get an unusual vehicle to look at and discover. For example, recently the 4th /6 built was found in CA -- we go some pics and some unusual looks into the earlier version of the /6. In your case, the 71 was apparently the last version of the /6 "officially" imported into the US by Porsche, so there will be lots of questions and I would guess a lot of interest in pics of your car.

Even more so, you are an original owner -- as much as you are willing, there will be folks with questions!

kim.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 7 2003, 08:42 AM
Post #19

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Welcome, Neat to see a lifer post on the board.
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Jul 7 2003, 04:18 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 4

wow, that is what dreams are made of. wonder how many other ones are sitting in barns out there...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:22 PM