Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Air injector jets, removal.... quick question
nebreitling
post Jul 5 2003, 01:42 PM
Post #1

Member Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 478

hi everyone

i'm removing a certain.... uhmmm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) ..... non-critical system in my 75 2.0 today. i think i'll go with the ball bearing/cap method of sealing the air injector jets. quick question:

it would seem easier to remove a single air injector jet just to go to the hardware store and find appropriatte fittings. but if i do this, will i have trouble getting a good "seal" when i replace it? should i use a bit of locktite?

or should i leave the air injectors in and try to find the appropriatte fittings using the (removed) air distributor pipe -- so as not to break the good seal that the air injector jets currently have?

any advice greatly appreciatted...

n (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_wirdgut.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tryan
post Jul 5 2003, 02:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 184

you might do a search here or on pelican. if you do put a bolt in the hole, you need to make sure it does not run into the exhaust port to deeply. i would cap them and go on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:01 PM