Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3.2 Exhaust System, Billy Boat Stainless
Mitox
post Sep 4 2017, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,302
Region Association: South East States

I have a BB exhaust system that I removed from my 1988 3.2 engine. I can't use it on my current project, since the engine is going into a 914.

Jegs shows the 1 3/4" headers with heat exchangers at $1640, and dual tip muffler at $790. New package: $2430

Selling $1200 plus shipping ,or you can pick them up in SW Virginia.

The headers are in great condition, though the heat exchangers have one seam split on each unit; see pic.

The muffler seems to have been repaired; see pics.

Attached Image

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mitox
post Sep 4 2017, 12:29 PM
Post #2

More pics

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Mitox
post Sep 4 2017, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Last pic

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Mitox
post Sep 6 2017, 10:33 AM
Post #4

No interest on 914World, so I'm going to put the system on the bird site soon.

Do you think the price is fair?

Thanks,

+Quote Post
roblav1
post Sep 7 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,943
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Fair price??? Who knows. Everybody is different. Having built a few sets of stainless headers, I know it's a real expensive and time consuming pain. My take is that the muffler is not much value given the previous splits and the obvious amateur welding repair. Header pipes look OK in the pics, but the splits in the exchangers would turn off some people, whereas I'd Tig it back together. If I was in the market (not presently but have been many times), I'd think about $750-$800 for the headers would do it for me. But agree best to list on the bird site since N/A for 914.

I hope I haven't negatively intervened too much on your advertisement, but you did ask! Best wishes for a successful sale and a happy customer.
+Quote Post
Mitox
post Sep 8 2017, 12:32 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(roblav1 @ Sep 7 2017, 07:34 PM) *

Fair price??? Who knows. Everybody is different. Having built a few sets of stainless headers, I know it's a real expensive and time consuming pain. My take is that the muffler is not much value given the previous splits and the obvious amateur welding repair. Header pipes look OK in the pics, but the splits in the exchangers would turn off some people, whereas I'd Tig it back together. If I was in the market (not presently but have been many times), I'd think about $750-$800 for the headers would do it for me. But agree best to list on the bird site since N/A for 914.

I hope I haven't negatively intervened too much on your advertisement, but you did ask! Best wishes for a successful sale and a happy customer.

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I may correct the small split on the HE, but yeah, the muffler is rough.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 8 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #7

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Not much call here for 911 headers. I agree, the bird board is better. Great condition might bring you half of new. I think $600 is your max.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:24 AM