Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Original owner thinking of selling his 914, 1974 2.0 Delphi Green Metallic
michael7810
post Sep 8 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,164
Region Association: Southwest Region

The owner bought his 914 new in Phoenix, AZ where it's lived since except for a couple years he worked in Tennessee. Had 1 respray in the mid 90s of it's original L99A Delphi Green metallic after a car backed into the right front fender. It appears the fender was replaced (but I'm no expert in body repair). 99K original miles and the engine & trans have not been overhauled. Recently had a sticky valve fixed on #1 cylinder however the shop only removed 1 head during the repair. FI removed in 2013 and the parts are not available. Car is mostly stock and original except for the seat upholstery, dual carbs, and newer radio. There is rust in both door jambs near the circular vent (see pic of one side - both sides look the same), surface rust on the rear trunk floor (which the owner recently removed and painted black), and a small spot at the windshield trim (see pic). I tried to get a pic under the battery tray...looks like surface rust only. Has dealer installed AC which the owner claims worked until the recent engine repair but for some reason the shop did not install the belt. Owner has the owners manual, original keys, dealer pamphlets, and most receipts for repair work performed. I would buy this car if I had a shop to keep it during restoration. The car is all there and could be driven as is or restored. Owner has some spare parts including the original US taillight lenses. It has always been the owners daily driver. I have heard it run but have not driven it and will be happy to assist prospective buyers. The car is located in Scottsdale, AZ about 1/4 mile from my house. I'm doing this as a favor and as such will leave it up to you to discuss price with the owner.

If interested PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

Pics HERE
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 08:27 PM