Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> D-Jet ECU Idle Mixture screw CCW to idle
Morrie
post Sep 11 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,198
Region Association: Southwest Region

Let me start with saying I need to go through the system in more detail soon. I am collecting vacuum hoses, will get injectors tested, and so on.

Meanwhile, the car runs very fast and strong. The two symptoms I have are odd, and seem contradictory to me.

First, the car wants to idle high when warm. I can adjust that out mostly with the idle speed screw on the throttle body, but there is a tipping point there where the idle speed becomes very sensitive, up to that point large changes in screw setting do little to nothing.

Second, the ECU idle mixture screw needs to be full CCW to idle. If I move the setting off of full CCW it starts to stall and die.

Third, maybe unrelated, is a puff of blackish smoke on decel. (is that over run?). Not sure if this is related, or just some wear showing.

The car runs smooth and strong under throttle, will smoke the tires off the line if asked, and starts easily both cold and warm. It actually does run pretty well with the above considered, but it doesn't seem like these conditions are normal.

Still a learner on D-Jet here, reading and understanding as I go... Having fun, not frustrated.

Thanks guys!
Morrie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:42 AM