Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why a 914?, and not some other sporty car
Bleyseng
post May 21 2005, 07:38 AM
Post #61

Aircooled Baby!

Group: Members
Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE (jhadler @ May 20 2005, 02:15 PM)
[QUOTE=Jaiden,May 20 2005, 11:02 AM] [QUOTE]And, oh yeah, show me another 30 year old car you can bring to the track and make other drivers nervous.....

Now this is what I'm talking about!!! [/QUOTE]
Being a complete 914 fanatic myself, I do have to asnwer the question...

A Shelby Cobra...

But a 914 costs around 1% of the cost of a real Shelby... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

...and handles about 5 times better to boot!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)

hehe, a Shelby Cobra did come out to the AX last year and raced with us. My times were better.....he had too much power, lots of wheel spin and 360's.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GWN7
post May 21 2005, 08:01 AM
Post #62

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

First saw one when I was in highschool. Worked at a gas station pumping gas and a guy came in with a blue one. Thought, cool looking car. Fast forward a bunch of years and I was looking for a Moke for a summer car. Rented one in Barbados for two weeks. Asked a buddy who buys and sells cars if he runs across a Moke to let me know. He tells me that he just bought a 914. I told him when he gets tired of it to let me know and we will talk price (he looses interest in a few months with cars) Three or four months go by and I see the buddy again and ask how my Porsche is....he says he sold it to someone in Calgary and I give him shit for not letting me know first. He says he knows where two more are and gives me the details. It was a buy two make one deal. While waiting for the title for the one with the good body. I see one on Ebay and bid. A week later I'm flying to the West coast and driving home thru the mountains with the top off. With a big grin on my face. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 08:03 PM