Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This addiction hit me hard, now I own 2
nditiz1
post Sep 19 2017, 07:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Since buying my first 914 it has only been 1 month and 11 days and I already bought another.

Now, this second one is no more than a parts car, but I love it all the same (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

dheinz(Eddie) and I had a fun time up in PA today winching it onto the uhaul trailer using chains and ratchet straps to keep the winch from moving. He laughed and said we should be taking pics and putting it up here for all you to see. Sorry I didn't take any. By the time we got it up on the trailer the passenger rear tire had already lost all its air hahaha. I jabbed at him and said "You told me all 4 tires would hold air for a few hours" still it was good fun meeting another teener. Even more fun bringing it to its new home.

Thanks Eddie!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/farm5.staticflickr.com-18763-1505871173.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Sep 19 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

If the metal is in reasonable shape, may want to just borrow parts, but a second future project.
+Quote Post
Rand
post Sep 19 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #3

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

I get the addiction. I have it too. But stop buying junk. You need every penny to put into where it makes sense. Your best car needs your best judgement, not a lame cousin that leeches from your goal.
+Quote Post
burton73
post Sep 19 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #4

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

Rand,

Very well put!

Bob B
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Sep 19 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 20 2017, 01:32 PM) *

Since buying my first 914 it has only been 1 month and 11 days and I already bought another.

Now, this second one is no more than a parts car, but I love it all the same (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

dheinz(Eddie) and I had a fun time up in PA today winching it onto the uhaul trailer using chains and ratchet straps to keep the winch from moving. He laughed and said we should be taking pics and putting it up here for all you to see. Sorry I didn't take any. By the time we got it up on the trailer the passenger rear tire had already lost all its air hahaha. I jabbed at him and said "You told me all 4 tires would hold air for a few hours" still it was good fun meeting another teener. Even more fun bringing it to its new home.

Thanks Eddie!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/farm5.staticflickr.com-18763-1505871173.1.jpg)

Yep that one is one rough car,the earth has tried to recover it,hope you get some good parts from it,good luck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) .
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Sep 19 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

That thing is sagging toward burial. Hurry up, it may not be there in the morning.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Sep 19 2017, 11:47 PM
Post #7

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

2 is the starter set.
Once you cut them up weld them up, leave them for dead, sell them, miss 914 and buy your third, then you can claim addiction
+Quote Post
nditiz1
post Sep 20 2017, 05:53 AM
Post #8

@Rand

I realize what you are saying, but for $300, I either bought a spare set of wheels if I ever want to accessorize, a rear window with defroster (my 73 currently doesn't have that option), spare original glass, extra latches for top, spare door internals, spare tranny, a spare motor to build a bigger engine down the line, spare headlight motors, spare fresh air motor...the list goes on

As I see it I made a HUGE investment into parts that are NLA. I have already spent close to $300 on original used parts, relays, switches, etc.
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Sep 20 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

That is a killer parts car!!!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Sep 20 2017, 11:30 AM
Post #10

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 20 2017, 04:53 AM) *

@Rand

I realize what you are saying, but for $300, I either bought a spare set of wheels if I ever want to accessorize, a rear window with defroster (my 73 currently doesn't have that option), spare original glass, extra latches for top, spare door internals, spare tranny, a spare motor to build a bigger engine down the line, spare headlight motors, spare fresh air motor...the list goes on

As I see it I made a HUGE investment into parts that are NLA. I have already spent close to $300 on original used parts, relays, switches, etc.

I hear you. I picked one up in worse shape a couple years ago for $500. It had SS heat exchangers and Mahle wheels. Instant profit, and the rest was gravy.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Sep 20 2017, 11:59 AM
Post #11

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 19 2017, 08:32 PM) *

Thanks Eddie!

Phffffffff beginner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Now when you have 12 of them stashed at various locations then you just might have an addiction. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Not that I would ever have that many (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) To be honest if I was closer I would have picked it up at that the price also. The rims (if straight) and lugs are worth more than that.

+Quote Post
Unpretentious
post Sep 20 2017, 12:02 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 17,532
Region Association: Central California

I liken it more to being afflicted with warts. Once you get one, you often end up with more. Likely more than you expected, and they can return.

Thought I was cured when I traded away a 914 back in the 70's after having it a couple years. Then, about 20 years ago, the affliction returned. Was up to 5 at one time, but am now down to 4. Note: one is just a parts car, but that doesn't seem to matter to my wife.

I don't claim to be a mechanic, but I do work on my cars, mostly changing parts. I sold 2 to a friend who is a mechanic. Bought the '73 1.7 back after he rebuilt the motor. Am buying back the '74 2 liter next week.

With a limit of 4 (3) cars, one has to be removed. Anyone interested in a dry California signal orange '73 2 liter that is currently off the road?

+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Sep 20 2017, 03:00 PM
Post #13

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991

Uhhhhhhhhh, why are the Mahle's yellow, possible bumble bee?

Bumper looks like '75-'76, but you just never know.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post
nditiz1
post Sep 20 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Sep 20 2017, 01:00 PM) *

Uhhhhhhhhh, why are the Mahle's yellow, possible bumble bee?

Bumper looks like '75-'76, but you just never know.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Some are yellow and some are orange (cream), not real sure about that. I'll have to check the date stamp when I pull them off. The vin is a 75 though.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:15 AM