Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Steering Concern, Control Arm Replaced and New 914Rubber Bushings
Spoke
post Sep 28 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #21

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ThreeV8s @ Sep 27 2017, 11:03 AM) *

The steering is fine but the right front control arm is broken, which is the source of the problem. The shop is searching for a control arm but I told them I would as well. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can get one, new or used?

You mean the lower A arm when you say "control arm"? I know a guy in Allentown who might have one. He has a 914 and has a 356 restoration shop. I know he's got a lot of parts.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Sep 28 2017, 10:28 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 20,915
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 28 2017, 11:40 AM) *

QUOTE(ThreeV8s @ Sep 27 2017, 11:03 AM) *

The steering is fine but the right front control arm is broken, which is the source of the problem. The shop is searching for a control arm but I told them I would as well. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can get one, new or used?

You mean the lower A arm when you say "control arm"? I know a guy in Allentown who might have one. He has a 914 and has a 356 restoration shop. I know he's got a lot of parts.

Yes, I assume we are talking about the same thing. The shop has one on the way, but I appreciate the information. If you don't mind, could you please share the name of his shop? If you'd prefer, please PM. Always interested in hearing about places like that which aren't too far away. A 356 is on the list for when that check from publisher's clearinghouse arrives.
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Oct 16 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 20,915
Region Association: North East States

After a long wait, I got my 914 back today. The right control arm was replaced, both pairs of bushings were replaced on each arm courtesy of Mark at 914Rubber (thank you!!!), the front was lowered, and an alignment was done. In addition to that, several other maintenance items were addressed that I had planned to have done around now. Some pics of the bushings are below. They are clearly top notch, and the shop was impressed by the quality of them.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 17 2017, 12:39 AM
Post #24

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Made them just like stock, not sloppy like the URO ones. these will be available to the rest of you soon through a GB that will be coming up shortly.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:18 AM