Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS/1970 914 $2,000 OBO
ChuyPorshe_1313
post Sep 29 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,475
Region Association: Southern California

Unfortunately I have to sell my Uncle's Porsche for him. Long story short he had an accident and can't care for himself anymore so we have to get rid of it. I don't know much about 914's and I will try and give as much information as I have. It's a 1970 he bought in 1972 and stopped driving in in 1985. It's been sitting in his garage ever since. I was about to just junk it, but I spoke to a friend of a friend from out of town that gave me a little advice. It's been garaged in Southern California since 1985, so not much rust from what I gather. The interior is not in good shape, the tires are all flat and it's missing the battery. I'm including some pictures of what i could get. I need to get rid of it soon. Thanks

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rasam
post Sep 29 2017, 07:07 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,508

QUOTE(ChuyPorshe_1313 @ Sep 29 2017, 04:18 PM) *

Unfortunately I have to sell my Uncle's Porsche for him. Long story short he had an accident and can't care for himself anymore so we have to get rid of it. I don't know much about 914's and I will try and give as much information as I have. It's a 1970 he bought in 1972 and stopped driving in in 1985. It's been sitting in his garage ever since. I was about to just junk it, but I spoke to a friend of a friend from out of town that gave me a little advice. It's been garaged in Southern California since 1985, so not much rust from what I gather. The interior is not in good shape, the tires are all flat and it's missing the battery. I'm including some pictures of what i could get. I need to get rid of it soon. Thanks

Where are you located?
+Quote Post
burton73
post Sep 29 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #3

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

I sent an Email. I am in West Los Angeles.

Bob B
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Sep 29 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

What month / year was it built? It will show on the inside of the drivers door jamb.

Thanks,
Rob
+Quote Post
burton73
post Sep 30 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #5

burton73

OK boys, I bought it. May 1970 car with rear window defrost. His uncle bought it in 72 and drove it to 1985 and it has been at the same address in the garage from 72 to now but not run from 85 on. Spedo says 41,254 so 141,254 looks right. Pink slip says sold 1972. Battery tray destroyed and a nice hole in the battery as shown but the rest of car does not show any rust. Mostly original paint. From what I can tell after cleaning off some of the 32 years of crap off of it. Needs a front bumper but the 1970 chrome rear looks very good

Bob B
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
ChuyPorshe_1313
post Sep 30 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #6

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 21,475

Thanks for the interest everyone! Thank you as well Bob! I hope it treats you well.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Sep 30 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #7

914 Wizard

Congrats Bob! Looks like a good deal!
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Sep 30 2017, 04:30 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

QUOTE(rasam @ Sep 29 2017, 06:07 PM) *

QUOTE(ChuyPorshe_1313 @ Sep 29 2017, 04:18 PM) *

Where are you located?

Well 1st time I saw this, i immediately told my friend Bob (RASAM) yup Bob is the name also like the member who bought it. Well I guess Bob (RASAM) didn’t get a response from the seller. Nice buy Bob B.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
pete000
post Sep 30 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

Nice buy !

Keep posing pics of the Resurrection !
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Sep 30 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #10

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991

QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 30 2017, 01:50 PM) *

OK boys, I bought it. May 1970 car with rear window defrost. His uncle bought it in 72 and drove it to 1985 and it has been at the same address in the garage from 72 to now but not run from 85 on. Spedo says 41,254 so 141,254 looks right. Pink slip says sold 1972. Battery tray destroyed and a nice hole in the battery as shown but the rest of car does not show any rust. Mostly original paint. From what I can tell after cleaning off some of the 32 years of crap off of it. Needs a front bumper but the 1970 chrome rear looks very good

Bob B
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Nice score, if I wasn't in 986 land for the last 48 hours, I would have been all over it. What are your plans for it?
+Quote Post
burton73
post Sep 30 2017, 11:19 PM
Post #11

burton73

I will get it back to my plastic shop and figure just how much it needs. No idea what made the PO stop driving it. Eng may be bad. My 6 did not pass smog in 1985 and that PO just stopped driving it. This could be the same thing. Brakes work. Needs a full interior, dash except the Tan visors are good. Rats went to town on the rear insulation pad. Need a front chrome bumper as it has a center dent but no intrusion to the front-end sheet metal. Need bumper tops but besides the Hell Hole, hole and a few small dents on the body it is in very good shape for sitting for 32 years.
My 6 was in a garage in So CA as well since 1985 but my 6 was even better shape with no damage to the interior and no hellhole. I guess the heat in the San Fernando Valley was hard on the interior and rubber.

I will post much more on it is a week or so.

Bob B
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Oct 1 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 1 2017, 01:19 AM) *

I will get it back to my plastic shop and figure just how much it needs. No idea what made the PO stop driving it. Eng may be bad. My 6 did not pass smog in 1985 and that PO just stopped driving it. This could be the same thing. Brakes work. Needs a full interior, dash except the Tan visors are good. Rats went to town on the rear insulation pad. Need a front chrome bumper as it has a center dent but no intrusion to the front-end sheet metal. Need bumper tops but besides the Hell Hole, hole and a few small dents on the body it is in very good shape for sitting for 32 years.
My 6 was in a garage in So CA as well since 1985 but my 6 was even better shape with no damage to the interior and no hellhole. I guess the heat in the San Fernando Valley was hard on the interior and rubber.

I will post much more on it is a week or so.

Bob B

Tan visors ?
+Quote Post
burton73
post Oct 2 2017, 11:12 AM
Post #13

burton73

I guess I saw tan but it looks like from this picture it was just a bunch of dust on them. Tan side pockets for right door but the plastic is all messed up on that part. Could cover a black piece with the material and paint the plastic tan before its covered. but the plastic is tan.
It had cloth inserts but they are destroyed and there was some cloth seat covers on them that where just a shredded dust mess.

Bob B
Attached Image
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Oct 2 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #14

914 Wizard

Damn, that looks like a crime scene. Time to move this to a build / clean thread... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:40 AM