Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Am I losing my mind?, Thoughts of selling 914-6
vintage914racer
post Oct 12 2017, 07:39 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Oct 12 2017, 06:34 PM) *

Opinions are cheap, and everyone here has one.

I am 72. I can tell you looking back exactly what many here have said - find a way to keep it. Your dad's 993 isn't around - it's history - but this one is. Whatever $$$ it is worth (that you'd get selling it), it's worth 10x that - or more.

As many have said - if you sell it - you will always regret it. It has a long history with you, it's in your blood. BUT.......

It isn't just all the BS&T that you put into it. IT WAS YOUR DAD'S! It is FAMILY HERITAGE. It's something to pass on to your kids. It is HISTORY.

ALL that stuff is......PRICELESS.

If finances are at a crisis level, of course, you have to sell it.

If not, I strongly suggest finding a way to keep it while you get the family car you need.

Questions asked people that were dying proved the greatest regrets were not the bad things they had done - the greatest regrets were not doing the good things they had opportunity to do - but did not do. Of course I cannot say this is the case here.

But I like what someone else suggested: sit on it for 6 months and think about it. Even pray about it - how meaningful would it be to your kids to have this car around when you are gone? Their GRANDFATHER'S car. True, you never know - it might mean nothing to them. Then they sell it and get the $$$ - if cared for, it will only appreciate in value.

GN

There isn't any financial motivation to sell it. No financial crisis. The money would be nice, but I don't even know what I would do other than invest in something else I wouldn't be able to enjoy.

I'm going to hold on. Fix some odds and ends. Maybe save up for body and repaint in the next 2-3 years.

And, I'm going to figure out a safe way to fit a kids booster seat.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
siverson
post Oct 12 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

> And, I'm going to figure out a safe way to fit a kids booster seat.

Do that. It's easy with the early (non-retractable) belts. My kids love riding in mine.

I really want to make my orange car a 3 seater now that I drop them both off at school (Kindergarten and 3rd grade).

-Steve
+Quote Post
Justinp71
post Oct 12 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 2,922
Region Association: None

QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 12 2017, 08:54 PM) *

Do that. It's easy with the early (non-retractable) belts. My kids love riding in mine.

I really want to make my orange car a 3 seater now that I drop them both off at school (Kindergarten and 3rd grade).

-Steve

If you have the retractable belts, car seats come with this mechanical belt holder metal piece. You use it to hold the retractable belts in place. My wife wants me to wait a little before I put my son in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
vintage914racer
post Oct 13 2017, 07:42 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Oct 12 2017, 09:44 PM) *

QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 12 2017, 08:54 PM) *

-Steve

If you have the retractable belts, car seats come with this mechanical belt holder metal piece. You use it to hold the retractable belts in place. My wife wants me to wait a little before I put my son in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I don't have retractable belts. They're the earlier, non-retracting ones.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:35 PM