Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some People Never Learn, repeat offender becomes a "three-peat" offender
bulitt
post Nov 15 2017, 03:41 PM
Post #41

Achtzylinder

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,632
Region Association: South East States

Kent- there is a first gear in the box. The syncros grind.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 15 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #42

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 15 2017, 10:58 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 15 2017, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 14 2017, 12:31 PM) *

It should be OK. It came from one of your east coast rebuild clinic's and has the "H" gear. I don't plan on stomping on it off the line. Hopefully one of the fuses, aka 914 CV's, will pop first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
EDIT: Hey Mike, it doesn't have first gear and was not replaced during the rebuild. Presumably, the PO didn't want to spring for it or someone recommended not having it w/ the V8. I have the gears to replace it. What's your opinion on installing a 1st gear?

I never used it for anything other than loading on and off a trailer. If you find yourself seeing a trailer often than maybe... But in reality its 100% not needed. 2nd will probably spin the tires on full throttle depending on how much torque you have.

1st hangs off the shaft and is very weak.

Yah, I would never nail it in 1st. Great input from guy's in the know. Thx all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
burton73
post Nov 17 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #43

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

The last V8 car I had was in 1978 and even with its 283 I did not pop a CV joint till I tried to get out of the hole super fast and popped the clutch in 1st. I had been driving it very hard for a few months in 1st with no problems.

You have to love the sound and the torque and Power in a 914. I knew that car was a deal at 5,000. Even with the shipping and extra parts, you will come out far ahead when done. Just don’t get tickets in it. I hope it is a lucky car for you,
Enjoy the carb and then think on it if you want the fast injection. I may put on one of the new Injections systems but not sure this year, the price has really dropped
A new year is almost here. I think there is a song in there!

My car now has the 930 with 930 CVs whenever it gets done and I am not expecting the CVs to pop.

Enjoy,

Bob B
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 18 2017, 11:05 AM
Post #44

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 17 2017, 08:53 PM) *

The last V8 car I had was in 1978 and even with its 283 I did not pop a CV joint till I tried to get out of the hole super fast and popped the clutch in 1st. I had been driving it very hard for a few months in 1st with no problems.

You have to love the sound and the torque and Power in a 914. I knew that car was a deal at 5,000. Even with the shipping and extra parts, you will come out far ahead when done. Just don’t get tickets in it. I hope it is a lucky car for you,
Enjoy the carb and then think on it if you want the fast injection. I may put on one of the new Injections systems but not sure this year, the price has really dropped
A new year is almost here. I think there is a song in there!

My car now has the 930 with 930 CVs whenever it gets done and I am not expecting the CVs to pop.

Enjoy,

Bob B

Thx Bob. At least I now know that I won't need to Pussy Foot the thing. If the engine is good it was a great deal. I don't know the engine builders name or reputation so that variable is still present. The engine, Dr Evil trans, and full Renegade drive train package puts it right at $5K, alone. About the only thing that did not come with the car is a dash top, back pad, carpet, windshield, engine gauges & battery. Otherwise it was a complete car needing assembly. Did I mention extras. Just wait until I'm finished and have a sale on parts. One of the many goodies is an OEM interior light still I the package. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:30 PM