Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOLD. 914/6 Rear Valance, Early 914/4 Valance
Jerodhelt
post Oct 16 2017, 02:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,410
Region Association: Southern California

This Rear Valance fits the 914/6 and early 914/4 cars.

This is in excellent condition. It was removed from the car in the 80s and stored indoors since.

Car is gone, cleaning out my shop so its time for this to go.

$300 + Shipping from 90275

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Woodside914
post Oct 16 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 11,743
Region Association: Northern California

PM sent to confirm shipping costs.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 16 2017, 02:41 PM
Post #3

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

I believe the '6' and '4' have the hole in a different location (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Oct 16 2017, 02:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

That is an early 4 valance not for a 6.
+Quote Post
Jerodhelt
post Oct 16 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 19,410

I was not aware the hole for the 6 was in a different location, that’s good to know.

This is off a 71 914/4

Woodside914 made a offer if I paying for shipping, which I don’t want to do since the cost is unknown. So this is still for sale and I’m open to offers. Local pickup would be great.
+Quote Post
Woodside914
post Oct 16 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Jerodhelt @ Oct 16 2017, 03:03 PM) *

I was not aware the hole for the 6 was in a different location, that’s good to know.

This is off a 71 914/4

Woodside914 made a offer if I paying for shipping, which I don’t want to do since the cost is unknown. So this is still for sale and I’m open to offers. Local pickup would be great.

No worries I'll take it - just let me know the total when ready
+Quote Post
1973TwoLiter914
post Oct 16 2017, 07:06 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 21,463

Jarodhelt - I'll make you a better offer at $375 + shipping for this valence.....let me know if it's not already gone to the other interested party and we can get things moving along. In fact, I'll even provide a FedEx # so you can just drop if off there and they will take care of the rest.

-OR- if you'd prefer, I'll have it picked up locally by one of my partners...

+Quote Post
1973TwoLiter914
post Oct 16 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 21,463

So I get this in email (see attached below)...

Technically, I don't think it's back-dooring you if I offer it up IN THE PUBLIC forum, but thanks for the note (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) - in fact, wouldn't that be Front-Dooring you on the sale ?

I simply made a better offer with the qualifier that if things didn't work out and it wasn't otherwise a done deal. In fact, if the seller wanted to - he could simply hold out for more $$ and in today's Porsche world with this particular part, he probably could get DOUBLE the price asked.

Missed the 3hr time difference - some of us are still at the office on a the east coast.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 16 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #9

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

This subject has been discussed several times before and there are definitely differing opinions on whether an item is considered SOLD (or not) when someone says "I'll take it".

Some folks consider an item as 'still available' until the seller has the $ in their hands.

Don't bother asking how I know this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
JOEPROPER
post Oct 17 2017, 07:09 AM
Post #10

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Member No.: 19,387
Region Association: North East States

So this item is now marked SOLD in the title. I'm curious as to who it was sold to and how the outcome was decided. Was it one of the two parties above??? Or someone else? What happened? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Oct 17 2017, 08:56 AM
Post #11

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

Everyone has an opinion....so I think when someone agrees to buy the part and says they will take it, it is sold pending payment. The buyer then has a reasonable time to perform, pay the money to the seller. If that's a day or two so be it, but ultimately up to the seller to set that time line.

If that buyer does not pay in that reasonable time frame, then the seller has the option to move on to the next buyer and put the deal together. The classifieds are not a "lay away" plan where the seller needs to sit on parts because someone may pay him a month from now, unless the seller is fine with that.

This full rear valance was an excellent buy at that price. Had I seen it I would have bought it just to have it converted to a Six valance. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Woodside914
post Oct 17 2017, 10:58 AM
Post #12

Goodness, such drama over a sale!

If you'll notice, I stated above: "No worries I'll take it - just let me know the total when ready"

I had been communicating with the seller by PM, and I had to wait for him to determine actual shipping charges to my address, for the grand total cost. I received his PM verdict within 10 minutes, and then promptly sent the full amount via PayPal 'gift'.

What frosted me was someone else posting, after the fact, 'hey, I'll give you another $75-$100 over your asking price, sell it to me".........that just ain't kosher, folks!

The valance is Sold & paid. Can we put this to bed now?
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 17 2017, 01:56 PM
Post #13

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 17 2017, 07:56 AM) *

Everyone has an opinion....so I think when someone agrees to buy the part and says they will take it, it is sold pending payment. The buyer then has a reasonable time to perform, pay the money to the seller. If that's a day or two so be it, but ultimately up to the seller to set that time line.

If that buyer does not pay in that reasonable time frame, then the seller has the option to move on to the next buyer and put the deal together. The classifieds are not a "lay away" plan where the seller needs to sit on parts because someone may pay him a month from now, unless the seller is fine with that.

This full rear valance was an excellent buy at that price. Had I seen it I would have bought it just to have it converted to a Six valance. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I'm not a Contracts lawyer but my son is.

My understanding is that when an agreement is made to purchase that is when the contract starts. Should the original seller decide not to sell in lieu of the original price the buyer has a few recourses:

Pay more, cancel the contract or don't buy it or civil action for breech.

This is why verbal contracts are dicy sometimes.

On they contrary to the above.....there exists a possibility that the price was being bid up artificially. That would "frost" me too.

It.s the internet right?

As far as when the item is sold: It is when the transaction takes place.

So contract first......then transaction.
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Oct 17 2017, 02:34 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 13,069

The only mistake the newbie made was offering more money via his post here, he should have just sent a PM direct to the seller. Happens all the time. Woodside made the mistake of trying to low-ball the seller by not wanting to pay shipping when he new the price on the part was a steal. Lesson learned here is when you know the price on a part is a good deal pay the asking price and shipping ASAP or you may lose the item via PM. The seller can sell to anyone he wants to and at any price he wants to, possession is 100% of the law.
+Quote Post
burton73
post Oct 17 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #15

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

Restoration Design says they will be coming out with this part in a number of different ways so everyone will be able to get one to fit what ever they want or need to fit the set up in there car. My 6 has duel Dansk out pipes, right and left so I want a no hole unit that I can fit and cut. I guess the Cheese & Wine guys will want the stock factory set up. I guess a fiberglass one will work till the metal units hit the market.

At least no one insulted someone’s mom

Bob B
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:47 AM