Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what are they worth?, 911/930 Bilsteins
tat2dphreak
post May 23 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #1

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

due to me being a dumbass and not checking a part number properly, I now have 2, slightly used(they look almost new, and seem to work great) Bilstein HD shocks for a 911/930 with bilstein struts... The part number is:1899-R365001HO I can post pics too... but since they are shiny, I don't know how much the pics will tell you... they are of no use to me, but I don't know what they are worth?

Pelican lists the same part number for 129/ea... but these are used...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._suspen_pg1.htm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post May 23 2005, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Believe everything I post

Member No.: 35

Dealer cost is $97.44 each for those (new). How much are they worth used? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post May 25 2005, 12:10 AM
Post #3

I like stuff!

Group: Members
Member No.: 809

I might be interested in them. Would they fit in a stock 914 Bilstein strut? Do you have pics of just the shocks? I did the opposite, and bought some Bilstein shocks that fit in Boge struts, when I needed some that fit in Bilstein struts. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
bondo
post May 25 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #4

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

I may be interested in them as well. I have a mid 70s 911 front end with bilsteins. I don't know the condition of the inserts, but if yours are newer I might go for them... if the price is right.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 25 2005, 07:49 AM
Post #5

stoya, stoya, stoya

as to what they will work in for a 914? I have no clue... I thought ALL 914s used the boge strut? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) what 914s had a bilstien strut?

Bondo, I was under the impression that even if you put a 911 front end on the 914, that the 914 inserts were still the correct one... but I don't know...

these are in great shape... and seem very strong...

I did a search over on pelican in the 911 classifieds and it seems like the 911 guys pay around $100 for a used pair of bils, I'd be willing to sell cheaper though, but PLEASE make sure they will fit for your application, I don't want to sell them to someone who will be unable to use them... and I don't know enough about this shit to tell you what will work

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post May 26 2005, 05:47 PM
Post #6

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

I believe that the Bilstein struts were a pretty rare option on the 914. It doesn't take the same shock that the Boge does, thats for sure. It requires an inverted strut, and uses a roll pin to hold it in at the bottom of the strut. In talking with some techs at Bilstein, they figured that a 911 shock would be needed. If you have some pictures, I'm pretty sure I could tell if they'd work or not.

Right now I'm using Boge struts with some Bilstein shocks, but I'd like to be able to use the original Bil struts, if they are a rare option. Does anybody know anything about Bilstein struts as an option?

+Quote Post
914werke
post May 26 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #7

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

IIRC Jeff B. mention that they did come on some of the LE cars (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) Not sure cuz my creamsicle cam with Boges stock of that I am sure.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 26 2005, 06:33 PM
Post #8

stoya, stoya, stoya

QUOTE (mike_the_man @ May 26 2005, 06:47 PM)
I believe that the Bilstein struts were a pretty rare option on the 914. It doesn't take the same shock that the Boge does, thats for sure. It requires an inverted strut, and uses a roll pin to hold it in at the bottom of the strut. In talking with some techs at Bilstein, they figured that a 911 shock would be needed. If you have some pictures, I'm pretty sure I could tell if they'd work or not.

Right now I'm using Boge struts with some Bilstein shocks, but I'd like to be able to use the original Bil struts, if they are a rare option. Does anybody know anything about Bilstein struts as an option?

those definately sound like these shocks... if someone here wants them, send me a PM, I'll sell them cheap.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
anthony
post May 26 2005, 06:48 PM
Post #9

2270 club

Member No.: 218

Sell them on Pelican's 911 for sale board, you'll get a good price for them.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 26 2005, 07:07 PM
Post #10

stoya, stoya, stoya

QUOTE (anthony @ May 26 2005, 07:48 PM)
Sell them on Pelican's 911 for sale board, you'll get a good price for them.

I've had a listing up over there for a few days... a lot of people want the housings, but I don't have them... I haven't had 1 serious email... I put em on rennlist too...
+Quote Post
anthony
post May 26 2005, 07:37 PM
Post #11

2270 club

Member No.: 218

I'm surprised that nobody jumped on those. Maybe it isn't clear that it's Bilstein inserts for a Bilstein strut. The price is certainly right.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 26 2005, 08:46 PM
Post #12

stoya, stoya, stoya

I'll clear it up more, but I thought it was pretty clear... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) maybe more will see them this weekend... and I'll answer them monday night (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

I looked at past classifieds for the same thing and they sold for that price or much more(almost new prices on some (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif) )

+Quote Post
bondo
post May 26 2005, 08:46 PM
Post #13

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

What IS the price? How do I tell if mine are due for replacing? (not on car)
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 26 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #14

stoya, stoya, stoya

bondo: if they are going on a 914, I don't know if they will work or not... this thread is the FIRST i've EVER heard of bilstien struts on a 914 from the factory... the only way I know to tell if they will work is to pull one and see if they are like these: inverted with a roll pin

I don't know the way to tell you to test yours, if they leak that's an obvious one, if they are easily compressed, that's not good either...

I put $100 OBO on them, if you are interested, send me a PM with an offer... I'd love to see a 914 guy be able to use them, even if it's on their 911...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 11:44 AM