Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Road America DE for Memorial Day WE, anyone headed up?
roundboy914
post May 23 2005, 10:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,251

I'm going up to RA for the Memorial Day weekend, for a DE at one of the best tracks in the US with the Chicago Region of PCA. I only saw one other 914 registered. Is anyone in the club heading up? I know that RA is a high horsepower track, and that for a 914/4 the straights are really long, but it still rocks. Let me know.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
morgan
post May 23 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 488

Will see you there, I will be teachen da beginners on friday and the chief of corner works sat. and sunday

John Morgan

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
roundboy914
post May 31 2005, 05:49 AM
Post #3

Overall, the weekend was a blast.
got the car back from Brad Mayeur on Thursday afternoon, and headed up.
I hat my throttle linkage, it keeps coming loose, and then the dual webers are not working together no more. Can you say Megasquirt??

that said, even with the carbs all f'd up, me and my buddy were just chewing up the field. We ran in the slower two run groups (RA is a horse power track), and were passing cars left and right.
all i can say, if you are the owner of ANY Porsche that was passed by my POS 914 this weekend, hand over the keys. My car would loose a drag race to a Pinto GT, and had more that 100 HP less that any other car out there.
What a blast, coming up on the bumper of lots (and i'm personally talking about more than 20) of cars in the carousel, and passing them right after the kink (BTW - braking for the 'Kink' is for pussys!).
Later,
Roundy.
+Quote Post
morgan
post May 31 2005, 06:04 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 488

You were fast out there!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif) Much better than the GT3 that got wreck.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sawzall-smiley.gif)
JM
+Quote Post
roundboy914
post May 31 2005, 06:13 AM
Post #5

My friend's father-in-law was one of the guys running a GT3 in group 3 (he got down to a 2:40), and his is brand spanking new. He knows the guy that wrecked the GT3, says the car should be back and ready by august.

It was fun.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 09:15 PM