Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who's a PCA member ?, (I dropped out MANY years ago)
Larmo63
post Nov 7 2017, 07:31 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

"But most of the guys there are confused by both cars I bring the 356 and the 914, one guy even asked if the 356 was a Porsche. "

Wait 'til they see your 9014.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/hide.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Nov 7 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #22

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

I dropped out about 5 years ago, but I need to re-join. Ads in Pano are worth it.
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Nov 7 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The PNW club magazine is award winning. I attend several events every year and have fun
+Quote Post
yeahmag
post Nov 7 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,946

Long time OCR member.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Nov 7 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #25

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

joined 8 years ago when i bought the 914. made my son an associate member, and when i nephew bought his first car this past spring( hes in MN) - its an '85 944 - i paid for his first 2 yewrs membership as his gift for his birthday- i think he has enjoyed the Pano magazine already. ive been to a few events ans outings, not near as many as i should- doing my first DE next month , and PCA discount at porsche dealer for parts etc has made it worth it as well.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Nov 7 2017, 09:52 PM
Post #26

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

oops duplicate
+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Nov 8 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 19,245
Region Association: Northern California

Proud PCA member here (Diablo Region).
My dad was one of the originals (Member #15) and PCA has always been a part of my life.
Each region is a bit different, the demographics are wide as are the cars more and more. The club can be any thing you need it to be.
Social, Race, Auto-x, Tours, or any combo of those.
Our region does a breakfast every week and I wouldn't start my weekend without it.

I would encourage you to check out your local region.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 8 2017, 02:39 PM
Post #28

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am for about 6 years. Cascade region I think (can't say I am all that involved)
+Quote Post
pete000
post Nov 8 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 12,094

I joined in 1979 but let my membership lapse when I went off to College. Rejoined in 1991.

The Panorama Magazine is now a serious top notch publication.
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Nov 8 2017, 02:54 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I was a member since early 80's, let my member ship lapse late 90's and when I rejoined they gave me my old membership number back! Like I'd never left.

Paul
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Nov 8 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #31

Always Wanted A Bigger Go Cart

Member No.: 17,942

Been a member since 1985 and used to do more with them back in the day. I find them not to be quite as welcoming a crowd as 914 folks. My experience at 914 Fun Day in Temecula CA was by far the best Porsche event I have ever attended!

That said PCA have stepped up their game on the magazine Panorama with some good articles and profiles of peoples cars. Local mag on the other hand could be vastly improved.

As mentioned membership does provide discounts on occasion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)
+Quote Post
914dave
post Nov 9 2017, 09:55 AM
Post #32

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262
Region Association: North East States

Joined when I bought my first teener 20 years ago. Always do a few events annually and have a good time. Like Pano too. My region has started to become more socially oriented and less track junkies. I say have fun the way you want solo or with a club.
+Quote Post
Betty
post Nov 10 2017, 10:15 PM
Post #33

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

15+ years in the Maverick Region for Clay and I. They're a great group of people. They've got an event for just about anything you're interested in but like others have said above, it's going to be what you make of it. In fact, we've got a toy run coming up on December 2nd. I can't wait to blow people's minds when we open BOTH trunks and start pulling stuff out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

We've only ever overheard a couple of snide comments at PCA events regarding 914's. One was a 356 guy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) and the other was an older 911 guy. All I could think was "somebody must've got their butt kicked at an Autocross and are still a teensy bit bitter about it". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

We did go to the Porsche hospitality tent for an endurance race down at Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in Austin one year where your entry into the tent was showing them a Porsche key. To hear "that's not a Porsche key"... when it says "Porsche" right on it was a bit of a surprise (yeah, it's a 40+ year old key and the "Porsche" on it might be a little hard to read, but still). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) After we insisted it was indeed a real Porsche key, the person turned to an older guy behind the table to show them the key, "oh you bet that's a Porsche".

I think that may have been the same event where Clay took my car on "parade" laps (opportunity made available because we were PCA members) with a past PCA president (and 914 guy) as the passenger. The word "parade" is in quotes because according to Clay, they were blowing and going for at least part of it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
RickS
post Nov 10 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 5,880

Was a member (some people still call me a member) for 6 years and dropped because it became such a bureaucracy. People can’t show up for drives but must pre-register online. Then the number of cars which could participate was limited. Then a doctor was required on each drive which is not a problem since 80% are plastic surgeons. So if I needed an emergency road side face lift, no problemo. So I dropped for two years.

Then several good tech events and really cool collections came up, so I re-upped. Did a drivers ed and enjoyed it. Took the 914 out with all the new water pumpers and an SC, and I was the instructors favorite car because of its ‘rawness’ and no nannies. A total suck up move, but I was flattered anyway. So getting the Pano mag which I enjoy. So I am back with the evil mothership but still am not doing the drives because I am not a plastic surgeon.
+Quote Post
My 914
post Nov 11 2017, 05:55 AM
Post #35

Casual Member

Member No.: 19,928
Region Association: North East States

I've been a member since 2010 when I bought my first Porsche (a Cayman). The NER section is active here in Massachusetts with lots of good get togethers and educational events, not to mention the driving opportunities. 914's show up in Panorama magazine on a regular basis and the classified ad section is extensive and fun to look through.
+Quote Post
arne
post Nov 11 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #36

Serial Rescuer of old vehicles...

Member No.: 20,799

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 8 2017, 12:39 PM) *

I am for about 6 years. Cascade region I think (can't say I am all that involved)

Also 6 years in Cascade Region, and yes, that is your region too, Jamie. Cascade has historically been a bit difficult to keep people involved, due to a rather large geographic area with relatively small membership. I guess that you could say that I am fairly involved, being the local area chapter representative. (Cascade is divided into 2 chapters due to the large area.)
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Nov 11 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #37

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

I was until I parked the car for repairs. I'll rejoin when it's off jack stands (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Nov 11 2017, 10:56 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 17,376

I'm a member of PCA-San Diego Region. I'm also on the Board of Directors, treasurer-elect, and a track driving instructior.

In the past year, I have participated in approx. 70 PCA events, including:

• Autocross
• Big track
• Tech Sessions
• Last Tuesday dinners
• Board meetings
• Misc. social events
• Awards ceremonies
• Back-country drives
• Mystery weekends
• Performance Driving School
• Concours
• And more!

This club has so much to offer, it’s amazing!
+Quote Post
Manny Alban
post Nov 12 2017, 08:23 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 4,798

I think its amazing that the forefathers of PCA had the vision to keep regions in both the US and Canada under one club umbrella. PCA is the largest car club in the world-and you have to be an owner to join (which is what the members want to keep as a requirement). It's definitely enhanced my ownership experience Joined when I was 23 with an old 924 and a rusty 914 and NEVER felt unwelcome. Folks were happy that I wanted to help out. Now whenever I bring my 914 it always gets a lot of attention. Just the like most things in life, its a two way street. The club is what you make of it.
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Nov 12 2017, 08:44 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 17,589

I have been a PCA member since '99. I find there is absolutely no creativity to the events they offer; always the same routines. That goes for the magazine too. I only remain as a member to keep up the interaction with friends I have made in it. There are some very fine people in PCA, that is for sure. But by far the best car club I have ever been in was the "928 Owners Club", the closest thing to a family of strangers.

Ansbacher
'74 2.0L
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:22 AM