Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> Blue original car on the bird..., Is that overspray in the right front wheel well???
BuddyV
post Nov 7 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #1

Robert

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,898
Region Association: Northern California

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...4-survivor.html

Hard to believe this is original paint..... hhmmmmm......

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
era vulgaris
post Nov 11 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #2

J is for Genius

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,629
Region Association: South East States

This is NOT an original paint car. Randy Wentzel, aka RoadGlue here on the world, did a PPI on this car for me back in April of this year. The front and rear trunk hoods have been re-sprayed and the color match is quite poor to the rest of the car. The seller that I was dealing with was the one who had the hoods re-sprayed.

World member bobboinski also test drove the car as he was interested in it for himself but passed on it, and contacted me later when he found out I was interested in it. He claimed that there was poorly repaired (lots of bondo) accident damage to the rear panel above the bumper. Randy didn't seem to think it was accident damage but saw that something had indeed happened.
The seller at the time confirmed that there was some kind of damage to the rear, but couldn't say what it was because it happened prior to his ownership. I have a photo of the inside of the rear trunk where you can see that latch was de-formed and bent back in place.

I have many pics of this car. In the pics I have you can clearly see the poor color match. The ones in this current listing look a bit filtered, but you can still see the color mismatch on the shot looking at the back of the car between the rear trunk hood and the rear fender. I ended up passing on the car because of not being able to see the rear end damage in person made me nervous, and because of the poor color match.

Asking price at the time was $9k, so this may be a different seller than the one I dealt with, or he just raised his price.
Other than that, it wasn't a bad car, but just not what I was looking for. It's very solid otherwise, and I have a bunch of pics if anyone interested wants them.

EDIT: This isn't the same seller I dealt with. The car was in Santa Rosa, CA when I was looking at it. Looking through other for sale threads from the seller iluv911 on Pelican, he appears to be in New Jersey. I also recognize his garage from other ads. He's a flipper, and I'm pretty sure he's a member here too. I did some digging...I'm pretty sure the guy goes by the name lostreasure.

QUOTE(Jumperbolt @ May 5 2016, 09:10 PM) *

"lostreasure", aka Frank Schilling, Bridgewater, NJ, is an absolute nightmare to deal with as a seller or a buyer. He's extremely evasive. Communication with him is maddening. ALL of his ebay auctions are pulled. If you deal with him, you are flat out wasting your time. He ran me around for two months when I was dealing with him. What an idiot I was. He's been busted on here and hard on FerrariChat. Go back and check the links from the posts here when he was selling his "13K" mile "original". If he posts one of his cars here and you call him 7 seconds after it's posted, I guarantee that he'll tell you he already has multiple offers on the car. He immediately goes to the full court pressure sale and builds tension. Forget asking him more questions about this "sale". He won't respond, and why, b/c he no longer needs you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
BuddyV   Blue original car on the bird...   Nov 7 2017, 05:47 PM
mepstein   Origional or not, it sure looks great and is price...   Nov 7 2017, 06:23 PM
Racer   Could be overspray.. could also been someone clean...   Nov 7 2017, 08:10 PM
Perry Kiehl   Looks like an exceptional example.   Nov 7 2017, 08:48 PM
JmuRiz   As Racer said, probably just worn away undercoatin...   Nov 8 2017, 09:12 AM
Cairo94507   That's a great looking car.   Nov 8 2017, 09:13 AM
dr914@autoatlanta.com   I can tell that it is an original car just by look...   Nov 8 2017, 10:32 AM
Nutter965   Does anyone on the world here know the person sell...   Nov 9 2017, 02:36 PM
era vulgaris   This is NOT an original paint car. Randy Wentzel,...   Nov 11 2017, 12:09 PM
era vulgaris   Here's a couple of my pics. Note the differen...   Nov 11 2017, 12:18 PM
era vulgaris   I have a better pic than this of the rear trunk la...   Nov 11 2017, 12:23 PM
era vulgaris   Here's a video that Randy took where you can r...   Nov 11 2017, 12:35 PM
mepstein   Thanks Era. Good reason to always see a car in per...   Nov 11 2017, 05:59 PM
era vulgaris   Thanks Era. Good reason to always see a car in pe...   Nov 11 2017, 07:16 PM
Nutter965   Darn it ! Always the way ! Just when you t...   Nov 12 2017, 04:56 AM
BuddyV   What gets me - if this person really intends to se...   Nov 12 2017, 12:59 PM
nickg   What gets me - if this person really intends to s...   Nov 12 2017, 09:12 PM
Fatboy007   http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...4-su...   Nov 13 2017, 08:49 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:04 AM