Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 34,000 miles 76. 2.0! Amazing car!
930TONY
post Nov 30 2017, 09:02 AM
Post #21

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,600
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

WELL GUYS I AM NEW TO 914 WORLD BUT A LONG TIME PORSCHE GUY, I LIVE IN OREGON AND HAVE BOUGHT CAR FROM DAVE IT IS ALL HE SAID AND HE IS JUST A REAL NICE GUY TO TALK TO , IAM TALKING TO HIM ABOUT 5 LUG CONV. WE ARE GOING FOWARD WITH THAT. WANT TO BACK DATE BUMPERS ALSO I KNOW SOME OF YOU WILL SAY DONT BUT AS YOU ALL HAVE SEEN BACK DATED 911 SC ARE GOIMG FOR MORE THAN STOCK ONES , THAT BEING SAID WOULD IN JOY YOUR IMPUT ON THIS TASK,THANKS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 30 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

WOW are you kidding? You just purchased an almost perfect original example of the last year of the 914 and the lowest of the four cylinder production numbers and you want to butcher the car with modification? Crazy idea DO NOT DO IT. If that is what you want to do, sell the car to someone who would appreciate it, and buy a beat one to butch up or buy an earlier car ! That car needs to be kept in its original state and shown at concours events where every 914 and 911 guy will appreciate its originality.

We sell the beautiful chrome stainess type bumpers, bumper top seals, bumper guards, five lug conversion pieces, and some inexpensive fuchs windmill alloys, but will not sell ANY of this stuff to you, the proud and lucky owner of a pristine example of the marque!!!!!! Ask Dave what he thinks, he will tell you as well.

QUOTE(930TONY @ Nov 30 2017, 08:02 AM) *

WELL GUYS I AM NEW TO 914 WORLD BUT A LONG TIME PORSCHE GUY, I LIVE IN OREGON AND HAVE BOUGHT CAR FROM DAVE IT IS ALL HE SAID AND HE IS JUST A REAL NICE GUY TO TALK TO , IAM TALKING TO HIM ABOUT 5 LUG CONV. WE ARE GOING FOWARD WITH THAT. WANT TO BACK DATE BUMPERS ALSO I KNOW SOME OF YOU WILL SAY DONT BUT AS YOU ALL HAVE SEEN BACK DATED 911 SC ARE GOIMG FOR MORE THAN STOCK ONES , THAT BEING SAID WOULD IN JOY YOUR IMPUT ON THIS TASK,THANKS

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Nov 30 2017, 12:51 PM
Post #23

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(930TONY @ Nov 30 2017, 10:02 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) leave it stock. That is a special car. It sold on the high side because it is stock, low mileage and pristine.

About the 911 backdates. We do a ton of them at our shop. But the cars are usually tired and rusty and need a lot of work. Also, a proper backdate is more than just a long hood, latch panel and early fenders. It’s a whole remake of the car. I bet we have $50k of parts and labor into a typical backdate and that’s before we touch the engine and trans.

If you really want to modify a 914, get a tired 1.7 or 1.8 for a 1/10 of what you paid and have fun.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
burton73
post Nov 30 2017, 01:16 PM
Post #24

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

Ba-Boom. You asked! I want to welcome you to the world.

If a guy has lots of money and wanted a super clean example of a car, you now have one. I think you may be heading down a steep slope as I think you will find that you will want the sound and power of a 6 behind you or a super supped up 4.
The Dr’s point is last year 914, super clean original everything. Will that be the more collectable of the 914s after the LEs, and 6’s or 73- 74 cars. My buddy Dax says people in Europe people hate the 75,76 bumpers.( big USA BUMBERS) I bought mine as a collection piece. Only time will tell. I wish I had a 89 turbo 930 or a number of cars that became collector’s cars.

This reminds me of a Mammas and Papas song.

“Cause you gotta go where you want to go
Do what you want to do
With whoever you want to do it with”

I guess this is with money and cars

Bob B
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914BZH
post Nov 30 2017, 01:31 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 20,508

This car is certainly the car which I needed, it corresponded in every respect to what I wanted.It was put on sale on one year too late.

We cannot live on regrets and the fate wanted that things are so.

But please don't distort it.
+Quote Post
914BZH
post Nov 30 2017, 01:40 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 20,508

QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 30 2017, 08:16 PM) *

Ba-Boom. You asked! I want to welcome you to the world.

If a guy has lots of money and wanted a super clean example of a car, you now have one. I think you may be heading down a steep slope as I think you will find that you will want the sound and power of a 6 behind you or a super supped up 4.
The Dr’s point is last year 914, super clean original everything. Will that be the more collectable of the 914s after the LEs, and 6’s or 73- 74 cars. My buddy Dax says people in Europe people hate the 75,76 bumpers.( big USA BUMBERS) I bought mine as a collection piece. Only time will tell. I wish I had a 89 turbo 930 or a number of cars that became collector’s cars.

This reminds me of a Mammas and Papas song.

“Cause you gotta go where you want to go
Do what you want to do
With whoever you want to do it with”

I guess this is with money and cars

Bob B

People don't like the BUB (big ugly bumpers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )except maybe those who have a car equipped with. What is the interest to buy one 75-76 if we don't like? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
burton73
post Nov 30 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #27

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

You are right. I Like the 74 914 with tits but I would not put them on my 1970 914-6. I like the rear 1970 bumper. Daxx is in Belgium. You are in France.
BUB (big ugly bumpers) yes you are right. They are!
I liked the lines of the 73 911s then came in 1974. It just got worse. 78 911 with bigger tits on bumpers. I guess the point was original.

Bob B

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 30 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #28

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

The 75 76 models are actually more stable and ride better at high speeds

QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 30 2017, 01:01 PM) *

You are right. I Like the 74 914 with tits but I would not put them on my 1970 914-6. I like the rear 1970 bumper. Daxx is in Belgium. You are in France.
BUB (big ugly bumpers) yes you are right. They are!
I liked the lines of the 73 911s then came in 1974. It just got worse. 78 911 with bigger tits on bumpers. I guess the point was original.

Bob B
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:10 PM