Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hit and Run Victiom, becoming a GT conversion...
CG-914
post Nov 11 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,526
Region Association: Southern California

Last night on my commute home my '74 914 2.0 was hit in the rear by a Mercedes Sedan, the driver fled the scene (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) and my insurance company explained to me today, that yes, you are insured against uninsured drivers and therefore against hit and run accidents but only for medical expenses (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) , I guess next time I read the fine print better.

Now i need to fix the body and get a new paint job so I guess its time for the GT flares, 5 Lug conversion, Brake upgrade and Fuchs.

I do have some questions that I hope to get answered:

- Which are the best (probably steel) GT flares, also for the money?

- Where do I get the best fibreglass bumpers? GTracing?

- Do 8 inch fuchs fit in the rear?

- Whats the best spindle and hub to use in the front, I do want to run at least SC Calipers and the matching vented discs?

- What parts exactly of the 76/77 911 rear hub do I need for the rear conversion to five lug?

I know these are a lot of questions I hope you guys can help.

Thank you

Cornelius

PS Maybe somebody has seen something on the 91 west bound in LA on Friday around 6:50 pm?!

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
sithot
post Nov 24 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,090
Region Association: None

QUOTE(CG-914 @ Nov 11 2017, 11:44 PM) *

Last night on my commute home my '74 914 2.0 was hit in the rear by a Mercedes Sedan, the driver fled the scene (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) and my insurance company explained to me today, that yes, you are insured against uninsured drivers and therefore against hit and run accidents but only for medical expenses (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) , I guess next time I read the fine print better.

California has it's own rules:

https://www.sanfranciscoinjurylawyerblog.co..._pay_for_1.html

The State of California requires drivers to carry insurance at all times. Many drivers assume that carrying the minimum insurance required should cover damage done to their car in most instances. However, this is not the case.
California Insurance Code Section 11580.1b only requires that drivers buy liability insurance that provides at least $15,000 in coverage for injury or death to one person, $30,000 in coverage for injury or death to more than one person, and $5,000 in coverage for property damage.]This type of insurance coverage pays medical expenses and vehicle repair costs to the other driver, if the insured is at fault. Therefore, if you find yourself the victim of a hit and run accident, the minimum amount of insurance would not cover any of your costs.

25% of California motorists are driving without insurance. Drivers who carry only liability insurance are not covered in the case of an accident with an uninsured motorist and must pay for medical bills and for repairs to damaged property out of pocket. In California, a hit and run accident where the driver is unidentified is treated by insurance companies as if it were an accident with an uninsured motorist. According to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, 11% of accidents are hit and run accidents nationwide. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration puts the number of hit and run accidents in California specifically at 18% of crashes.

There are optional types of coverage that will pay for some or all of the expenses of a victim of a hit and run crash. First, collision coverage will cover damage sustained by the insured’s car, regardless of who is at fault, including hit and run drivers. However, this type of insurance requires the insured to pay a deductible out of pocket and is more expensive than other types of insurance. In addition, a claim to the insurance company may affect the policy holder’s future insurance rate, regardless of who is at fault. A driver would need to take out an additional personal injury policy in order to be covered for medical expenses in the event of a hit and run accident.

Insurance companies in California are also required to offer uninsured motorists coverage. This type of insurance covers the medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering of policy holders who suffer injuries as a result of an accident with an uninsured driver, including hit and run motorists. Additionally, drivers may choose to carry uninsured motorist property damage coverage for damage to their car. Uninsured motorist property damage insurance is advisable as 80% of hit and run accident involve only damage to vehicles. There is no deductible for this type of coverage, however there may be limits placed on the amount paid out.

If you are the victim of a hit and run accident, whether the driver is identifiable or not, it is recommended that you file a police report. You may have to complete a walk-in report at the police department, as some patrols will respond to the accident site, especially if the accident occurred on private property like a grocery store parking lot. A police report is important documentation of your claim and may be required to pursue a claim with your insurance company if you do have collision or uninsured motorists insurance.

If the hit and run driver is identified (for instance, by license plate number) the victim of the accident may file a civil lawsuit for damages against the driver and their insurance company if they carry insurance. The victim’s insurance company may have a lien on any damages awarded to the victim for money it previously paid out to the victim, called the right of subrogation. In any case, the victim may be able to recover out of pocket expenses not covered by insurance and for pain and suffering. Injury victims in California who want to bring a civil action against a hit and run driver should consult a California accident attorney for information on their rights and possible outcomes of a suit.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
CG-914   Hit and Run Victiom, becoming a GT conversion...   Nov 11 2017, 10:44 PM
AlanG   Sorry to hear about your accident and the screwing...   Nov 11 2017, 10:49 PM
Blue6   Were you able to get a partial plate or anything d...   Nov 11 2017, 11:00 PM
Spoke   That sucks. Good luck with the repairs and upgrad...   Nov 11 2017, 11:03 PM
mlindner   Try Rich Johnson,(A914GUY). He has front hubs and ...   Nov 12 2017, 06:02 AM
mb911   Try Rich Johnson,(A914GUY). He has front hubs and...   Nov 12 2017, 07:20 AM
bulitt   If you can find original OEM steel flares they are...   Nov 12 2017, 06:24 AM
ConeDodger   If you can find original OEM steel flares they ar...   Nov 12 2017, 01:33 PM
mepstein   sorry about the hit, glad you are ok. Which are t...   Nov 12 2017, 06:30 AM
Cairo94507   I am very sorry to see those photos and hear that ...   Nov 12 2017, 07:52 AM
mlindner   Sorry Ben, missed you. And Ben has the oil tanks, ...   Nov 12 2017, 08:00 AM
Boomingbeetle   Oh man, people are the worst! Now you’ve got...   Nov 12 2017, 09:12 AM
Cairo94507   Yet another reason to go with a stated value polic...   Nov 12 2017, 09:59 AM
GeorgeRud   The AA flares are fine to use and really duplicate...   Nov 12 2017, 10:16 AM
CG-914   Thank you all! And thank you all for the adv...   Nov 12 2017, 11:17 AM
Coondog   [quote name='CG-914' date='Nov 12 2017...   Nov 12 2017, 12:01 PM
porschetub   Thank you all! And thank you all for the ad...   Nov 12 2017, 12:59 PM
mlindner   MY 914-6 GT tribute is about 90% done, but after t...   Nov 12 2017, 11:22 AM
mepstein   I would take some measurements at the suspension p...   Nov 12 2017, 12:05 PM
mb911   When you get ready I make these for the rockers...   Nov 12 2017, 12:42 PM
Larmo63   A big /4 Type IV engine with all the tricks can be...   Nov 12 2017, 01:09 PM
ConeDodger   These are custom built 8.5” Fuchs on mine so I...   Nov 12 2017, 01:40 PM
mepstein   I think doing the flares, wheels, brakes and suspe...   Nov 12 2017, 02:11 PM
CG-914   I had some time of thinking and I will convert to ...   Nov 13 2017, 10:18 PM
ConeDodger   McMark made a copy of the six mount and I believe ...   Nov 13 2017, 11:23 PM
scallyk9   Just a mention that there are other options. My 3....   Nov 14 2017, 01:25 AM
colingreene   http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=1...   Nov 15 2017, 12:19 AM
CG-914   Thank you for the link Colin! Im still trying...   Nov 24 2017, 11:35 AM
mb911   Thank you for the link Colin! Im still tryin...   Nov 24 2017, 11:45 AM
sithot   Last night on my commute home my '74 914 2.0 ...   Nov 24 2017, 01:58 PM
CG-914   Its been a while so here an update and some more q...   Jan 29 2018, 12:18 AM
mepstein   Ben/MB911 will shortly have an entire front oil co...   Jan 29 2018, 05:53 AM
mb911   Check out my GT oil line group buy thread for oil ...   Jan 29 2018, 06:12 AM
CG-914   Check out my GT oil line group buy thread for oil...   Jan 29 2018, 12:42 PM
mb911   Check out my GT oil line group buy thread for oi...   Jan 29 2018, 01:14 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:42 AM