Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aftermarket seats?
Elliot Cannon
post Nov 16 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

QUOTE(johnhora @ Nov 16 2017, 06:12 PM) *

Elliot are those Le Mans or Nurburgring seats...looks great!

Le Mans.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Nov 17 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,755

QUOTE(gulf908 @ Nov 15 2017, 10:25 PM) *

Guys

Cal - is that first one the Scheel ? - that looks nice - do you know its name / model number ?

TIA
Dennis (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Model #114 Scheel Mann seats
Marty
+Quote Post
dgraves
post Nov 17 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #23

1974 914 2.0

Member No.: 20,076
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Nov 15 2017, 02:55 PM) *

My wife thinks my ride is uncomfortable... She ask me if there were more comfortable seats that would fit and to be honest I've only seen people run hardcore racing buckets or stock seats. anyone have pictures of other setups that are affordable, comfortable, and don't squeeze your butt too much? I'm looking for a more modern bucket with a bit of support and more cushion. Neither of us are very tall (i'm 5'9'') so headroom isn't an issue.

Try Renegade Hybrids. I'll snap some photos of my seats in the am...beautiful job, beautiful fit.

http://renegadehybrids.com
+Quote Post
gulf908
post Nov 17 2017, 11:42 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 16,795
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

thanks Marty

Dennis
+Quote Post
914Timo
post Nov 18 2017, 03:07 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 137
Region Association: Europe

Are GTS Classics seats tubeframe or glass fiber ??
+Quote Post
dgraves
post Nov 18 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #26

1974 914 2.0

My wife thinks my ride is uncomfortable... She ask me if there were more comfortable seats that would fit and to be honest I've only seen people run hardcore racing buckets or stock seats. anyone have pictures of other setups that are affordable, comfortable, and don't squeeze your butt too much? I'm looking for a more modern bucket with a bit of support and more cushion. Neither of us are very tall (i'm 5'9'') so headroom isn't an issue.

Sorry these pictures took a while. These seats are from Renegade Racing. You send them your stock Porsche 914 seats and they recontour, add bolsters, and new padding. The materials are very nice. One of the best things is that they fit right onto stock sliders and seat frames. The support and comfort are great. I'm 5' 8" 155 lbs. with 32 inch waist. There is still room if you're larger. Highly recommend them.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
dgraves
post Nov 18 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #27

1974 914 2.0

[quote name='dgraves' date='Nov 18 2017, 02:47 PM' post='2549588']
[quote name='bmtrnavsky' post='2548739' date='Nov 15 2017, 02:55 PM']
[/quote]

One more photo for you. Good luck.Attached Image
+Quote Post
914forme
post Nov 18 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #28

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

[quote name='dgraves' date='Nov 18 2017, 03:48 PM' post='2549589']
[/quote]

[/quote]

So they now leave their god awful logo off the seats, that is very nice or where these recovered to get rid of it?
+Quote Post
dgraves
post Nov 18 2017, 05:51 PM
Post #29

1974 914 2.0

[quote name='914forme' date='Nov 18 2017, 03:01 PM' post='2549591']
[quote name='dgraves' date='Nov 18 2017, 03:48 PM' post='2549589']
[/quote]

[/quote]

So they now leave their god awful logo off the seats, that is very nice or where these recovered to get rid of it?
[/quote]

I just asked them to leave the logo off. No problem.
+Quote Post
bmtrnavsky
post Jan 11 2018, 12:01 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 8,245
Region Association: Southwest Region

That was exactly what I'm looking for. I have wide shoulders so maybe a slightly smaller bolster, but PERFECT.

QUOTE(dgraves @ Nov 18 2017, 12:47 PM) *

Sorry these pictures took a while. These seats are from Renegade Racing. You send them your stock Porsche 914 seats and they recontour, add bolsters, and new padding. The materials are very nice. One of the best things is that they fit right onto stock sliders and seat frames. The support and comfort are great. I'm 5' 8" 155 lbs. with 32 inch waist. There is still room if you're larger. Highly recommend them.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
johnhora
post Jan 11 2018, 12:21 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 107

dgraves...

Nice seats...look great in your 914
what was the cost to do these?

Thanks
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Jan 11 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

May be due to driving for 20 years on stock seats, but any time I drive a 914 with custom seats that are not at least built off of the stock seats/rails the driving position feels odd. The height and angle just always feel wrong and unnatural to me.

In order to add "comfort" you are most likely going to have to add padding, which is going to add height that then puts your thighs into the steering wheel and upsets the angle of your legs in relation to the pedals.

That being said it is on my bucket list to try and attempt to fit some aftermarket GT3 seats (996 or 997) to my autocross car as they appear to be very similar in height and shape to 914 seats just with a lot more bolster. I doubt that will affect comfort much though.

I think with a 914 though the problem of comfort extends beyond just the seats, they are not a touring car they are go carts. Allow me to propose another solution, use this as an opportunity to buy another Porsche and get a 924 or early 944 in addition to your 914 then whenever you have the wife just take that. A few years ago I picked up a 924 turbo as a project and im totally blown away by how comfortable the early transaxle cars are, even better if you get one with A/C. Somehow even more comfortable than my 86 951. Dirt cheap, comfortable, and still fun without messing up the feel of your 914.
+Quote Post
90quattrocoupe
post Jan 12 2018, 10:55 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 20,561
Region Association: Southern California

[/quote]Sorry these pictures took a while. These seats are from Renegade Racing. You send them your stock Porsche 914 seats and they recontour, add bolsters, and new padding. The materials are very nice. One of the best things is that they fit right onto stock sliders and seat frames. The support and comfort are great. I'm 5' 8" 155 lbs. with 32 inch waist. There is still room if you're larger. Highly recommend them.
[/quote]

Are you talking about Renegade Hybrids?

Greg W.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 12 2018, 11:30 PM
Post #34

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

I feel like such a fool! I read the thread all the way through just to see if he posted a picture of his wife! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
kaiserms
post Jan 12 2018, 11:49 PM
Post #35

MSKaiser

Member No.: 20,378
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Cal @ Nov 15 2017, 09:32 PM) *

Not sure how comfortable these seats are but they're beautiful looking.....especially the Scheel seats.

I just saw this post and saw the pics of your car, beautiful. Is it a'73? I have a '73 that I bought in 1984 and I had it painted in the original ivory all ivory. Would love to see a picture of the whole car if possible. Also, I noticed two different firewall coverings, one with the stock vynl and the other done in carpet. i liked the carpet look.

Email me if possible, my info is in the profiles.

Thanks,
Mark Kaiser
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:11 AM