Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 1970 914/4 Adriatic Blue 2056cc, **NO LONGER FOR SALE**
Tedman5
post Nov 18 2017, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,627
Region Association: North East States

For sale in Lebanon, PA-
This beautiful Adriatic Blue 914 lived its entire life in So Cal until I drove it cross country to its new home in PA. I'm seeking a new loving home for her now as I want to move on to a Boxster.
The PO did most of the upgrade work I was looking for in a Teener. 5 lug conversion, brake swap (fronts to rear and addition of BMW 320i on front, 911 MC, SS fuel lines from Tangerine Racing, staggered Fuchs 16x6F/16x7R, rewelded clutch and throttle tubes and the hellhole work which is amazing in excellent shape with a solid battery tray. He also built a Raby inspired 2056 that is a very strong running motor with balancing and machining paperwork for rods, valves and lightened flywheel, and tuna can. SS heat exchangers and free flowing glass pack muffler.
What have I done since, worked through all electrical gremlins and all lights work as spec'd. I added an updated modern fuse panel and power distribution panel at the rear both which were products club members designed and sold back in 2013. E-code headlamps, PIAA fogs in stock holes, and 4 Hella aux lamps all controlled properly at the dash with factory switches. A Hella rear fog was added and tied into the front fogs which are wired to run independently as daytime driving markers.
Front suspension fully disassembled, painted, new bushings, 930 steering, Tarrett adjustable drop links, 19mm torsion bars and Koni yellows adjustable dampening struts on all 4 corners, mini torque starter
Engine has been maintained properly with oil changes every 3-4k or 6 months with Valvoline racing oil. New in 2012, Redline Webers 36mm with Tangerine Racing pulley linkage. SMOOOOTH!! Mallory Uni-Lite distributor and new plugs and wires 2017. Starts every time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Interior has new carpet kit from 914Rubber, Custom mounted Corbeau racing seats with 4 point harnesses (drivers seat mounted on factory rails). Custom stereo, 100w amp, small sub, thru 6inch Polk Audio speakers. 13 inch Dino steering wheel, Weltmeister short shift kit, Momo ball shifter, new pedal cluster with aluminum base back plate, excellent leather wrapped dash. Most of interior lined with sound deadening material matting.
Exterior is pretty good for 47 yrs old. Repainted once to my knowledge in mexico by PO. Windshield brand new in 2013 but I did a poor install as it was my first ever. It needs removed and reset properly. Seals vary in condition from new to original. Both front and rear hoods are new along with some odds and ends seals also being replaced. Not a rain car and always garage kept and driven on nice days and hibernated from Oct to April each year and stored on wood cribbage to reduce weight on suspension.
So what's wrong? There is some rust in the longs at the jackpoints only and not all the way thru the backside....easily repaired by a skilled welder. Front trunk pan has some rust along the sides and can be replaced or patched fairly easy from what I'm told. Speedo drive and cable needs replaced. Throttle and clutch cables replaced this past summer. Not too much wrong with this car in the grand scheme of things 914.
The car had a PPI done two months ago by World member Saigon71, and he spent 4 hrs taking pics, driving it and going through the car completely for a potential sale to Belgium that fell through.
So as much as I hate to see her go....here we go. This car has a lot of love in it and will make a great driver/AutoX hobby car for the right new owner.
I have every receipt since owning it, PO receipts for the engine work machining and the original sales invoice from Vasek Polak Porsche in Hermosa Beach, CA.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tedman5
post Nov 27 2017, 05:52 AM
Post #2

BUMPED for price drop!
+Quote Post
Tedman5
post Jan 7 2018, 05:58 AM
Post #3

Bump! No longer for sale.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 12:04 AM