Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> lifts, 4 post
80cap
post Nov 21 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,405
Region Association: None

anyone own one of these? wildfirelifts.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sithot
post Nov 21 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,090

Capacity number? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
Triaddave
post Nov 21 2017, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,478

I have a two post BENDPAC. It is rated at 7000 lbs and picks our cars at the four buttons on the bottom of the chassis. It is great for changing tires or brake work because it picks the frame, not the tires.
I cost me less than $2500 including the power (240 v) and oil. shipping was free from bendpac. It also lifts engines, or cars off engines, lawn mowers and sheetrock up to the loft, the pick-up truck......It will come with ALL your friends too.
+Quote Post
Triaddave
post Nov 21 2017, 02:41 PM
Post #4

Not a good picture, but you'll get the idea...Good for car storage under too,no earthquakes permittedAttached Image
+Quote Post
davehg
post Nov 21 2017, 04:01 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 21,443
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I just did a fair amount of research on 2 and 4 post lifts before making my purchase. I didn't come across the above company as one of the top few rated companies, but there are a ton of lift providers out there - almost all of them are Chinese manufacturers.

My review demonstrated that the top rated units - rated by both performance, service, and price, were Rotary, BendPak, and Mohawk. Rotary and Mohawk were more expensive. BendPak seems to occupy a nice niche at the "prosumer" level - more expensive and arguably better made than most of the Chinese brands, but perhaps not the perfect solution for a working garage with heavy duty cycles and needs.

Based on research and feedback from a few pals who had been down this path, I ended up with a Bendpak 4 post 14XL lift, and added oil changing pan, 7000lb rolling jack, and a few other options. The lift capacity was huge - 14,000lbs and the extended wheel base because I wanted to be able to lift and service my RAM crew cab diesel - which weighs 8000lbs but has 4700 lbs over the front axle thanks to the heavy Cummins engine. It's not enough to examine just the overall capacity - you have to also know how much weight over the front and rear axles you are lifting to ensure your lift is safely within limits. This lift was overkill for any 914 - but necessary for the truck.

A two post lift might be ideal for the 914 - it is not as stable for long term storage but costs less and takes up less space. You should really have 6" concrete base to safely use a 9klb lift and more if you are lifting 14k lbs- the benefit of a 4 post lift is that you don't need as thick of a base. Plus, it makes an awesome storage platform.

My experience with Bendpak has been super positive - they've overnighted some parts out ASAP (I broke the Zerk fittings) and the quality of the lift is very high. Online reactions are similar - responsive and fast customer service. I paid to have mine installed - it wasn't cheap but watching the 2 guys sweat for 5+ hours made me glad I did. Total cost for the lift, install, and options was about $7.7k - a smaller lift or a 2 post unit would have been about $2k cheaper.

For both, you'll need to run a 220 line from your electric panel (they make a 120v line but it lifts slowly). Also need a small pancake style compressor to power the air locks. The unit lifts via hydraulic power, not air.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.imgur.com-21443-1511301702.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.imgur.com-21443-1511301703.2.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.imgur.com-21443-1511301704.3.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.imgur.com-21443-1511301704.4.jpg)
+Quote Post
douglastic
post Nov 21 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #6

not a real person

Member No.: 20,566
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(80cap @ Nov 21 2017, 11:02 AM) *

anyone own one of these? wildfirelifts.com

Looks just like advantagelifts.us

Neither are ALI certified

Neither say where they are made

. . . but then I hear BendPak moved from US to China made

Not saying either is good or bad . . . just saying

+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Nov 21 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

I got two from my local NAPA, so I saved on shipping. The manager is a Porsche buddy so he even came to my house and installed them for me. They are made by Challenger/Quality which I think is the cheap brand of Snap-On. I just installed the 2nd one last weekend. Two fit in my 2 car garage. They were about $3000 each and come complete with ramps and drip trays.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CL_Q4P07

I'm picking up the 4th car from the paint shop on Friday, then they can all sleep together all winter, like a slumber party!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Triaddave
post Nov 23 2017, 12:49 PM
Post #8

I see advantages and disadvantages of both. I bought my Bend Pac 20- some years ago,
It is built in the USA. They did have a larger unit I was thinking of buying, like 9000 lbs., but mostly, I lift 914,911 some MG's and once in a while the Silverado, (4-5000 lbs.)
Again, I like lifting the chassis for brake/wheel work. As far as steady, My car was up when the Nisqually earthquake hit, all tires off. I was working in Seattle that day and all I could think of was my 4 bent rotors. The car was as I left it when I got home, still up on the hoist!! Now, I lower it if I can for the night.....
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Nov 23 2017, 12:55 PM
Post #9

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

For the PNW, Greg Smith Equipment, Clacamas, offers some nice products at what seems to be reasonable pricing.
+Quote Post
Triaddave
post Nov 23 2017, 01:46 PM
Post #10

One more thing....The vehicle dolly really come in handy for storing cars in tight places, or in my case, turning car side ways so three cars fit in one bay. I bought these (4) at harbor freight for under $100.00.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Nov 23 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I've got a Direct Lift (I assume Chinese) from local PHX dealer who installed it. 110V- a little slow in lifting but happy with it. Quality fine for what I use it for. Came with drip trays and I got the rolling jack which is really handy and recommended highly.

My son just got a 2 post from Greg Smith (Atlas, also Chinese we assume) and loves it...Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:03 PM