Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Corviar Engine Installed
DaveO90s4
post Nov 21 2017, 08:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,935
Region Association: None

Hi all,

For a few months now I've been working on installing a 2.8L 'reverse rotation' Corvair engine into my 75 1.8L 914.

The engine is notionally a 140HP engine, but has been modified - before my purchase of it - with a more interesting cam (Ott 30), triple zeniths 40 TINs (with throats bored to breath better) and a reverse rotation cam shaft so the engine goes spins the correct way to have 5 forward gears and one reverse, rather than vice versa). Have used original side shift gear shift rod and all clears in all gears

The engine is now all in, all fits with no body modifications required whatsoever.

I've driven it briefly, only in 1st and reverse, but with no exhaust system, which is now being made.

Here are a few photos taken in the last few days.

The flexible hose hanging in one of the photos is the cold air feed for the heat exchangers The heat exchangers will wrap around the secondaries - giving ample clearance for axle movement up and down.

More than happy to add additional photos or respond to any questions.

Cheers
Dave

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  IMG_0398.MOV ( 1.68mb ) Number of downloads: 52
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 08:03 AM