Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chumpcar 12-29-2017, Here we go again
Jetsetsurfshop
post Dec 5 2017, 07:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,907
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Its that time to enter my car again in another endurance race at Sebring. You would think that I'd quit on this idea after last years shunt but its just to much fun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
This time around its a 10 hour race and its at Sebring. I recruited George (thepaintedman) again and have Miguel (seabird) as my new driver. The driver that crashed my car last year said he'll never track another persons car again. This works out good because Miguel is a great driver too.
Lorin (ablesnead) is racing too in a Miata. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) I hope he doesn't mind the backside of my 914!!
George and I are doing the final prep this weekend and I'll try to take some pictures. We have to add some volume displacement balls to the fuel cell and repair a leaky transmission. Those are the big things. We still need to adjust the valves, bleed the brakes, adjust lights, the list goes on.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 5 2017, 08:14 AM
Post #2

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I wish I was back to racing! Soon!
+Quote Post
Jetsetsurfshop
post Dec 5 2017, 08:34 AM
Post #3

See you out there soon. The track is calling! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
ablesnead
post Dec 5 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,395
Region Association: None

Shane , I had a dream last night ,of passing you in 15 A & B , and never looking back...could it only be a dream ?...Really glad you are in the race , Now I have a chance to be the 914 world Sebring Chump car champion...of course George may be a small problem ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Jetsetsurfshop
post Dec 6 2017, 08:46 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(ablesnead @ Dec 5 2017, 02:05 PM) *

Shane , I had a dream last night ,of passing you in 15 A & B , and never looking back...could it only be a dream ?...Really glad you are in the race , Now I have a chance to be the 914 world Sebring Chump car champion...of course George may be a small problem ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

You love that part of the track. I forget it a "new" part of the track for you. Its always been there for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) If you get me there I'll pass you back in turn 5. Everyone swings wide there and I steal the apex. The 914 is glued to the track through that section. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
I hope both teams finish and have a clean race. That would make my day.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:49 AM