Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 73 Chalon roller/parts car, in Riverside, CA
a914luvr
post Dec 10 2017, 10:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 259

***SALE PENDING to David***

For sale is a 1973 Chalon conversion car that my good friend SLITS (R.I.P.) and I bought together several years ago. It was also a 6-cyl conversion but the engine is long gone as are all the conversion parts. The car doesn’t really have a lot of rust but for me it’s a parts car because someone hacked out most of the sheet metal that formed the engine bay where the engine bay seals went. Here are the highlights and low-lights;

The Good; still has many good, usable parts. The windshield is good and the interior is fairly decent although there are some ugly racing seats in place of the stock ones. It’s converted to 5-lug with replica 15” wheels and is a roller. I’m not sure how the rear was converted but there does appear to be 914-6 rotors on it. The front was done on the cheap with drilled & studded rotors. It was originally a 2L car, so there were factory sway bars at one point but they are missing now.

The Bad; poorly done Chalon conversion and I hacked out the left rear fiberglass flare in order to remove the factory 6 oil tank (that I have since sold). The battery was relocated to the front trunk. The aforementioned removal of the engine bay sheet metal and it’s missing a few necessary items to be put back together including but not limited to; the drive train, the fuel tank, the headlight motors and linkage, the sway bars, the taillights and possibly more that I’m forgetting to mention.

Again, I feel like this is a parts car, but hey, you never know. It does have a clean CA title. I don’t know if it’s in non-op status but I’m sure it’s out of the DMV system by now, so that won’t matter. I’m asking $1800.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Dec 11 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

That brings back memories. I remember ragging on Ron's ass about the Chalon. God he hated those things. IIRC, ya'll picked it up in Temecula. GLWS, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Kent
+Quote Post
Jons 914
post Dec 21 2017, 02:30 AM
Post #3

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 13,670
Region Association: None

I was to buy this car from Ron, the price was $4,000, then something came up and Ron said he was selling the motor for $4,000, but didn't explain why.

But said after the motor was sold, that I could have the car for free because of backing out of the sale of the complete car to me, then he was having issues with his nephew at the yard, to make a long story short, he passes, the car disappears, I hear rumors, then the car shows up here butchered.

The things Good Friends do to you after your dead, go figure.
+Quote Post
Blue6
post Dec 21 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,470
Region Association: Southern California

Wow, just wow... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
a914luvr
post Dec 27 2017, 12:58 AM
Post #5

I have my own thoughts as to why Ron never sold the engine but I won't get into that here. He certainly had plenty of opportunities.

Ron and I purchased the car together about 7 years ago and I bought out his share of it from his family.

As far as I'm concerned, the car was butchered as soon as the PO installed that Chalon kit and hacked the metal out of the engine bay. I admittedly butchered it further. If nobody local wants to make me a low-ball offer and come take this thing, I'll sell more parts off of it.
+Quote Post
brant
post Dec 27 2017, 10:13 AM
Post #6

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Glen,

does the rear center "Porsche" lense, have all of its mounting studs still?

I need to replace my cracked "Porsche" lense, but would love to find one that doesn't require drilling even more holes into my chassis and could use the same mounting pattern that my chassis already has.

brant
+Quote Post
a914luvr
post Dec 27 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #7

Sorry Brant the mounting studs are mostly broken
+Quote Post
brant
post Dec 27 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #8

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47

No problem. And thanks!
+Quote Post
motorvated
post Jan 21 2018, 03:49 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 15,519

QUOTE(brant @ Dec 27 2017, 09:32 PM) *

No problem. And thanks!

As they say, "I know a guy" in Colorado that has a left rear Chalon panel in primer that is resting on the wall of his garage and I'm pretty sure it could be sold to the next buyer of this Chalon roller to replace the panel that was damaged while removing the oil cooler. No vested interest in this other than trying see someone get another Chalon back on the road. I have one of the same color.
Attached Image
Vintage racing at High Plains Raceway in Colorado.
+Quote Post
David.laRuse
post Feb 4 2018, 12:51 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 18,397

I WILL GIVE YOU $500.00 AND MY WORD THAT I WILL PUT THIS CAR BACK ON THE ROAD LOOKING GOOD. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. THERE AREN'T MANY OF THESE 914s LEFT. DAVID. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
a914luvr
post Feb 4 2018, 01:44 PM
Post #11

Hi David, I'll take that deal but I see you're in Iowa. Any idea how soon you can get that car out of here? I've sent you a PM. Welcome to 914world!
+Quote Post
David.laRuse
post Feb 25 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 18,397

QUOTE(motorvated @ Jan 21 2018, 01:49 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Dec 27 2017, 09:32 PM) *

No problem. And thanks!

As they say, "I know a guy" in Colorado that has a left rear Chalon panel in primer that is resting on the wall of his garage and I'm pretty sure it could be sold to the next buyer of this Chalon roller to replace the panel that was damaged while removing the oil cooler. No vested interest in this other than trying see someone get another Chalon back on the road. I have one of the same color.
Attached Image
Vintage racing at High Plains Raceway in Colorado.

I AM THE NEW OWNER OF THE CHALON, DO YOU HAVE CONTACT INFORMATION TO THE GUY IN COLORADO? MY EMAIL IS wendyanddavid@hotmail.com, phone # 319-389-5496. THANKS, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) DAVID.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:50 AM