Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> 73 Chalon roller/parts car, in Riverside, CA
a914luvr
post Dec 10 2017, 10:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 259

***SALE PENDING to David***

For sale is a 1973 Chalon conversion car that my good friend SLITS (R.I.P.) and I bought together several years ago. It was also a 6-cyl conversion but the engine is long gone as are all the conversion parts. The car doesn’t really have a lot of rust but for me it’s a parts car because someone hacked out most of the sheet metal that formed the engine bay where the engine bay seals went. Here are the highlights and low-lights;

The Good; still has many good, usable parts. The windshield is good and the interior is fairly decent although there are some ugly racing seats in place of the stock ones. It’s converted to 5-lug with replica 15” wheels and is a roller. I’m not sure how the rear was converted but there does appear to be 914-6 rotors on it. The front was done on the cheap with drilled & studded rotors. It was originally a 2L car, so there were factory sway bars at one point but they are missing now.

The Bad; poorly done Chalon conversion and I hacked out the left rear fiberglass flare in order to remove the factory 6 oil tank (that I have since sold). The battery was relocated to the front trunk. The aforementioned removal of the engine bay sheet metal and it’s missing a few necessary items to be put back together including but not limited to; the drive train, the fuel tank, the headlight motors and linkage, the sway bars, the taillights and possibly more that I’m forgetting to mention.

Again, I feel like this is a parts car, but hey, you never know. It does have a clean CA title. I don’t know if it’s in non-op status but I’m sure it’s out of the DMV system by now, so that won’t matter. I’m asking $1800.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 08:56 PM