Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> staggered wheels ? (on a "gt flared car"), any real benefits?
larryM
post Dec 20 2017, 02:41 PM
Post #1

emoze

Group: Members
Member No.: 65
Region Association: Northern California

just curious (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

- for those who are running staggered rear/front wheels on flared cars - AND who have also run all-same size - without modifying the other suspension factors ?

what are your comparative experiences & tho'ts about any handling benefits or detriments, given that our cars are quite well F/R weight balanced

street vs AX vs track???? - 3 distinctly different ways we "use" the cars

i know the "le mans" cars used stagger, .... did the rallye cars such as monte-carlo, or many of the other racers back in the 70-73 period (does the Roy Smith "racing 914's" book give us that info??

- iirc the factory FIA spec GT wheel was 15x7 all around (fuchs 8x15 were not made then), and the "gt" cars at RRV all were running 15x8s iirc - historic venue rules being a factor concerning plus sizes

(fwiw imle - staggered sizes limit ability to cross rotate for tire wear for non-directional street tires on my car with competition neg-camber alignment - i did run staggered sizes when racing, but never all-same, so can't say if it might have made any difference - & can't say i can tell any difference when "canyon carving" on street tires either way)

i posted a similar Q on pelican, but those opinions are mostly about 911s which are notoriously in need of such "help" - (i owned a swb 911 - know all about that evil)
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...tire-sizes.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 04:03 AM