Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 GT group buy oil lines
mb911
post May 9 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #141

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(buck toenges @ May 9 2018, 12:46 PM) *

Does anybody have pics of where the entrance and exit holes are supposed to be for the oil lines? I would love to see where the holes from the front trunk should be, where the holes through the inner rockers are, and where the two holes from the engine compartment to the side rockers are. I would also like to know the dimensions of the holes. Is there any printed information out there?

Thanks,
Buck

Here is what most doAttached Image Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SixerJ
post May 10 2018, 12:07 AM
Post #142

Member No.: 16,042
Region Association: England

QUOTE(mb911 @ May 9 2018, 10:02 PM) *

Does anybody have pics of where the entrance and exit holes are supposed to be for the oil lines? I would love to see where the holes from the front trunk should be, where the holes through the inner rockers are, and where the two holes from the engine compartment to the side rockers are. I would also like to know the dimensions of the holes. Is there any printed information out there?

Thanks,
Buck

Just to add to Bens pictures, hardlines at the back just hook around and under the rear chassis member as it sweeps upwards. In the frunk they poke out lower right through the vertical tank to storage metal divider

Google pbase 914-6GT and get lost in Armano’s site loads of details there on what you need to find and how to assemble. Also Cairo's current build thread in the garage, Kent is detailing the oil line hole cuts right now

Word of warning though, doing a full blown factory replica GT system is not for the feint hearted and consist of very rare, hard to find parts that get expensive really slowly (because you have to piece the puzzle together as you find the parts)

Bens hardlines are one of the biggest missing parts as totally unique to the GT, many of the other factory parts come from early 911S

Alternatively you can use Bens lines and more modern solutions for the rest of the plumbing. Just depends on what your trying to achieve

Good luck

+Quote Post
mb911
post May 10 2018, 04:31 AM
Post #143

914 Guru

QUOTE(SixerJ @ May 9 2018, 10:07 PM) *

Thanks,
Buck

Just to add to Bens pictures, hardlines at the back just hook around and under the rear chassis member as it sweeps upwards. In the frunk they poke out lower right through the vertical tank to storage metal divider

Google pbase 914-6GT and get lost in Armano’s site loads of details there on what you need to find and how to assemble. Also Cairo's current build thread in the garage, Kent is detailing the oil line hole cuts right now

Word of warning though, doing a full blown factory replica GT system is not for the feint hearted and consist of very rare, hard to find parts that get expensive really slowly (because you have to piece the puzzle together as you find the parts)

Bens hardlines are one of the biggest missing parts as totally unique to the GT, many of the other factory parts come from early 911S

Alternatively you can use Bens lines and more modern solutions for the rest of the plumbing. Just depends on what your trying to achieve

Good luck

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I also like this set up for the less expensive t stat route.Attached Image
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jul 17 2018, 02:32 PM
Post #144

914 Guru

Still have a bunch of these available.
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Jul 18 2018, 05:58 AM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mb911 @ May 10 2018, 06:31 AM) *

QUOTE(SixerJ @ May 9 2018, 10:07 PM) *

Thanks,
Buck

Good luck

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I also like this set up for the less expensive t stat route.Attached Image

Yes, the factory 911 thermo is readily available and dirt cheap compared to any single part of an original GT system.
My plumbing came about because a 911 thermo appeared to be a good fit for the
area where all the 'action' takes place in a 914 chassis.
The challenge was to collect and modify many standard 911 plumbing parts
and jig them up with the the thermostat, the engine, oil tank, left side long lines and all interference issues considered.
I then tacked all the parts together.
When satisfied that it would work I had it all mig welded and plated.
It is not quick and easy.
I do like to fabricate.
Rory
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jul 22 2018, 02:24 PM
Post #146

914 Guru

Looks great to me and will likely go this route with my kits.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Mar 18 2019, 09:33 AM
Post #147

914 Guru

Still have 15 sets of these let me know who wants to make a deal on these..
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:08 AM