Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rather OT but has wheels, Santa bought it for me
porschetub
post Dec 29 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Well went away for Xmas received and gave gifts....then I felt like I should buy myself something but wasn't totally sure.
Got home and received an email from a seller offering a "fixed price offer" on our countries biggest auction site for a Montesa Cota 349 trials bike.
The seller told me it didn't run and parts were a hassle,he delivered it to me and I was surprised in its condition and originality considering I had only payed peanuts for it.
Turns out to be a 1979 Ulf Karlsson works world champion replica and only built in this spec in a small production run out of Spain.
I rode trials to reasonable success years ago on a Bultaco,TL Honda,then later on I went to MX with less success due to a shoulder injury then retirement,what the hell how can I injure myself on a bike that's made to go slow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) .
I couldn't get it to start,had huge compression and healthy spark so stripped the carb and found blocked idle jet and broken fuel inlet banjo,with that fixed it started easily and run great although rather smokie to start off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .
Attached Image
Plan is to do a rolling resto on it which will be mostly cosmetic as mechanically I will only be replacing fluids ,new fork seals and replacing the rear shocks.
Had a big Google search before buying and found parts very spendy then picked up on a UK supplier called In Motion Twinshock,those guys have pretty much anything @ very good prices even considering exchange rate and shipping.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:25 PM