Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> koni installation and operation, WTF
freezing14
post May 30 2005, 11:24 AM
Post #1

freezing14

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,233

got a new set of koni red all around to have some better handling than with the KYB , so starts with the rear,, everything ok , go to the front,, the old cartridge were Boge and the koni are loose inside,, the cap is too large and the are really lose,, i know they are adjustable but how???
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
Eric_Shea
post May 30 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #2

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

the cap is too large

On the installation side, it sounds like you may have the wrong version. Where did you get them? They may be for a Koni strut but I thought they were roughly the same size and only the thread pattern differed. I think Koni tubes have a finer thread.

i know they are adjustable but how???

You push the plundger rod all the way down until you bottom out. Rotate either way until you feel a click. Now, follow the arrow in the tube. I believe counter clockwise is full loose and clockwise is full tight but I'm probably wrong and I'll have to deal with the wrath of the Cap'n or Rich later. (but this one you can figure out)
+Quote Post
freezing14
post May 30 2005, 01:36 PM
Post #3

freezing14

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,233

I got them from a guy locally who has a 914 garage,, he deal 914 and 911 and has some used parts,, ask him about fit and he said they should be ok, my tube is just a bit bigger and the cap has the recess too large, may be a sleeve can do the trick?????
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 30 2005, 06:42 PM
Post #4

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif)

show us! the p/n should be on the shocks, look them up and make sure they are right... wasn't there a change in shocks at some point? or should they all be the same?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mgw.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:09 AM