Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best tires for Fuchs 2.0 rims?
Greg Bell
post May 30 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,024

Guys,

What are the best performance tires for the stock 2.0 Fuch's rim? When I say "best," I mean street usuable performance tires. I don't want tires I have to replace every 30 miles. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Also, how much do the forged Fuchs' rims weigh?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 30 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

falken azenis, 205 series ...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 30 2005, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

I'm with Andy, Falken Azenis Sports (615 model) 205/50/15. Wear depends on how you use them but I have close to 8,000 miles on a set on my front wheel drive car and they still have plenty of tread. I wont put anything less than a Falken on the the 914. I have Falkens on my Audii, Toyota and love them. They make Azenis sports that fit my Boxster now and I will be going with a set on that car next.

If you dont mind changing your tires every 4000 to 5000 miles and dont drive in the rain the Yokohama Advan A032R (soft) makes a wicked street tire. They are just a pain becuase they pick up gravel etc when they are hot. I have heard from a few people who use the hard compound A032R (hard) with great results and better longevity.

Kuhmo Ecsta MX is a good cheap street tire that comes in 205/50/15. It will out last the tires above but not stick as well.
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post May 30 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #4

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

I like the Yokohama AVS ES100 in the 205/50-15 size of course. Nice stiff side wall great in the rain and we get alot of it all at once down here.
+Quote Post
skline
post May 30 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #5

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

I have to agree with the Azenis RT615's I ran them at Willow and they really stick. When I got home with them, they hardly looked worn at all. Ask Dan Root how they looked after his 1300 mile drive home. As for the weight? The 4 lug Fuch alloys are 11 pounds each.
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post May 30 2005, 09:07 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

I really like my S-03's. But that was more of a choice of a 55 series tire and something that will last longer than 5-7K miles. Who knows, mine my not last that long?!?!? But they are relatively quiet and seem to perform well. Got a $100 rebate on the tires so they were in the same ballpark as teh ES-100 (which was my second choice, and would be the first choice if there was no rebate).
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:07 AM