Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4-lug Fuchs or 5-lug Fuchs
sdearman
post Jan 13 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,549
Region Association: Canada

First to the OP, you car looks great the way it is! I am struggling with the same decision but if I can find 4 lug Fuchs would copy look you have..if not looking at 5 lug....Type2man, did you have a part number for the CPI spacers? Didnt see any when I looked....given they move the wheels outward what offset do you have on your rims?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Jan 13 2018, 07:55 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 2,939
Region Association: South East States

Keep it stock! I've been running Michelin Pilot Exalto 205-65-15's for several years on my original 5.5" steelie rims with excellent results. Keep the air pressure up to spec and I've done "spirited driving" many times, no problem rolling the beads on the rims. They are oversized diameter from original 165-15's by .04%, not a significant difference. My 73 914 already had original rolled edges on the wheel wells both front and rear, but the front does rub a bit inside the well at full lock, not a problem in normal driving.I have also lowered the front a bit, just an attitude adjustment! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Jan 13 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

This cost a lot of money. There is more than meets the eye, rest assured. Suspension, brakes, goodies, and ego.

Attached Image

Five lug Fuchs BELONG on 914 Porsches.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jan 13 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 13 2018, 05:57 PM) *

This cost a lot of money. There is more than meets the eye, rest assured. Suspension, brakes, goodies, and ego.

Attached Image

Five lug Fuchs BELONG on 914 Porsches.

If they are 6 cylinder or larger (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

+Quote Post
clapeza
post Jan 13 2018, 08:51 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 12,677
Region Association: South East States

Easy solution:

Keep the 4-lugs on that beautiful '74.

Buy another teener that's not as quite as nice or desirable that someone else has put some ugly-ass non-factory wheels on, and put the 5-lugs on THAT car! Plus, that'll give you another project to work on, while still being able to enjoy a fully running 914!

+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Jan 14 2018, 08:35 AM
Post #26

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

The 914 2.0 Fuchs wheel is perfect for your car, so my .02 is don't change.

I love the 5 lug Fuchs, but the 2.0 Fuchs were only fitted to a 914.
+Quote Post
Cal
post Jan 14 2018, 09:03 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 18,138
Region Association: North East States

Thanks for all the feedback and comments. After reading your posts and thinking about it more, I'm afraid if I convert this car to 5-lug it will start a very fast (and expensive) path down the rabbit hole with additional upgrades.....brakes, engine, flares, etc. I've been there and done that before. It probably makes sense to keep this car stock and just purchase a project car to take care of my modification / hotrod itch. For now, I'll just replace the tires with the more aggressive XWW's or Pirelli CN36 185/70/15 and install a SCART exhaust for a better sound.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Jan 14 2018, 09:26 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666

One more vote for as-is!
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jan 14 2018, 09:50 AM
Post #29

Custom Member

Member No.: 124

Leave the wheels, invest in getting rid of the bumper tits!
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 14 2018, 10:00 AM
Post #30

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 14 2018, 10:03 AM) *

Thanks for all the feedback and comments. After reading your posts and thinking about it more, I'm afraid if I convert this car to 5-lug it will start a very fast (and expensive) path down the rabbit hole with additional upgrades.....brakes, engine, flares, etc. I've been there and done that before. It probably makes sense to keep this car stock and just purchase a project car to take care of my modification / hotrod itch. For now, I'll just replace the tires with the more aggressive XWW's or Pirelli CN36 185/70/15 and install a SCART exhaust for a better sound.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) If you have the room and the means, get a 2nd car to play.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 14 2018, 10:00 AM
Post #31

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

double post
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jan 14 2018, 10:03 AM
Post #32

Custom Member

Member No.: 124

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 14 2018, 11:00 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) If you have the room and the means, get a 2nd car to play.

Sure, have some more tequila , what harm could come from that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:56 PM