Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Got something done this weekend
914GT
post May 30 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,923
Region Association: Southwest Region

Even though I did my share of swimming, two parties, and a fair amount of Margarita and beer drinking (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/givemebeer.gif) this weekend, I was able to get some stuff done on my car (the yellow one). Got the engine out Saturday morning, and changed my cam timing back to zero and installed new oil pan gaskets. I had a little oil dripping out the front, this time used more Permatex. Yesterday started sizing up how to bracket the new 100 amp alternator and Sanden compressor. Cut and welded up a support bracket for the compressor and had to quit for the day. Today I finished up my brackets and even got them into the oven for some powdercoat. Everything seem to be good and solid. This week I'll take care of some other little details, like adding some wiring and punching holes for the A/C lines. Maybe I can get it all back together next weekend.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
TravisNeff
post May 30 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 447

Guy, fantastic work of course.. You need a little more grime on that engine to make us believe you actually drive that pretty thing.
+Quote Post
914GT
post May 30 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,923

Believe me it is not spotless after a year on the road. Everything will get a good bath. I had wiped the grease and grime off the area where I was working so that's why it doesn't look very dirty.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:11 PM