Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clutch and flywheel question
Bob Wolcott
post May 30 2005, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,096

How light can a clutch and flywheel assembly get before it makes a car too difficult to drive on the street? I have a 2.7 liter motor built to RS specs with an early cup style flywheel (12.5 lb) and an aluminum push style pressure plate. The pressure plate has some sort of copper plating on it and I was told it is for high performance applications.

Thanks,
Bob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
ArtechnikA
post May 31 2005, 05:20 AM
Post #2

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Bob Wolcott @ May 31 2005, 01:02 AM)
How light can a clutch and flywheel assembly get before it makes a car too difficult to drive on the street? I have a 2.7 liter motor built to RS specs with an early cup style flywheel (12.5 lb) and an aluminum push style pressure plate.

MFI cars are a lot less susceptible to bogging off the line so you shouldn't have much to worry about.

the early cup flywheels are harder to lighten excessively so even with the copper-faced aluminum 'S' pressure plate you'll be fine. not until you get into the 915 RSR style flywheel do you have much to worry about.

depends a bit too on how your low-end torque is; you may need to use a few more revs.

i'm thinking i'll give the Fidanza a whirl in my car...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:51 PM