Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible GB for bumpers like OEM Steel and chrome, Looknig at having some made offshore
horizontally-opposed
post Jan 26 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

Wow. Seems like there's a ready market for two-packs of chrome front bumpers done well.

So maybe the first offering doesn't even include rear bumpers? One stamping would allow for 1970-1972, 1973-1974 (with holes added), and back-dated 1975-1976.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mitox
post Jan 26 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 19,302
Region Association: South East States

I would be in for a set of early front and early rear.

In my perfect world they would not be chromed, and the front would have the GT style for the oil cooler inlet.
+Quote Post
CMONNETT
post Jan 27 2018, 07:57 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 8,162
Region Association: Southwest Region

I could really use a set for my 73 in chrome.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jan 27 2018, 08:36 AM
Post #44

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Mitox @ Jan 26 2018, 08:15 PM) *

In my perfect world they would not be chromed, and the front would have the GT style for the oil cooler inlet.

Mark Henry had the buck he created it would be interesting to see where that is and then a potential for someone to offer the mod?? I know I would consider buying a bunch of bare steel fronts and do the mods and resell. Might be an option..
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 27 2018, 08:39 AM
Post #45

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(CMONNETT @ Jan 27 2018, 05:57 AM) *

I could really use a set for my 73 in chrome.

Cibolo! Hah! We may be the only 2 people on the forum who know where Cibolo is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) I used to live around the corner on Main St. in Schertz. 40 yrs ago. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I would imagine that Cibolol, Schertz and Universal City are one town now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jan 27 2018, 09:46 AM
Post #46

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 27 2018, 06:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Mitox @ Jan 26 2018, 08:15 PM) *

Mark Henry had the buck he created it would be interesting to see where that is and then a potential for someone to offer the mod?? I know I would consider buying a bunch of bare steel fronts and do the mods and resell. Might be an option..

Sounds like an option we could do.
mark
+Quote Post
burton73
post Jan 27 2018, 10:25 AM
Post #47

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

Mark Henry, Call out for Mark Henry.

What is up?

Bob B (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
JOEPROPER
post Jan 27 2018, 10:27 AM
Post #48

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Member No.: 19,387
Region Association: North East States

I had expressed interest with the Mark Henry offer / possibility and haven't heard if he's still doing this or not... I am interested in bumpers and would like to deal with a reputable member of this community but am not interested in being inconsiderate by putting MH off because of his absence to the conversation.

Only reasons for this reply is to show my interest in bumpers and be fair and considerate to the other member that sparked my interest.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Jan 27 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jan 27 2018, 08:27 AM) *

I had expressed interest with the Mark Henry offer / possibility and haven't heard if he's still doing this or not... I am interested in bumpers and would like to deal with a reputable member of this community but am not interested in being inconsiderate by putting MH off because of his absence to the conversation.

Only reasons for this reply is to show my interest in bumpers and be fair and considerate to the other member that sparked my interest.

Honorable, and respected (!), response. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

I too expressed interest in Mark Henry's potential offering—for a few reasons that I suspect may be shared by others:
1. For many years, there have been no attractive options available to replace my 914's chrome front bumper
2. Mark's "GT-style" front bumper in stainless steel would have been an obviously unoriginal part, so I felt materials/finishes/details could differ a bit. At that point, I figured I may as well match a rear bumper to it.
3. Mark's predicted price range was attractive

But the project seemed to go sideways when two suppliers from Vietnam began to accuse one another of unethical behavior…I found it hard to know who to believe, and frankly neither came off looking all that great. I felt bad for Mark in the midst of that given his investment to that point (money and time), and watched the thread to see what would happen. It seemed like Mark was left holding the bag, and the thread died (IIRC).

And now a product to fill the void that left me looking for alternatives is offered, and by a vendor who is well known and well regarded within the community? I'm in. If there's some way that 914rubber.com can work with Mark to make a chrome "GT" bumper in steel, I would view that as a win-win. I might buy one of those, as well. Just because a cool part is suddenly back on the market doesn't mean it will be around later when we need it....and front bumpers are one of the highest-risk parts on a 914.
+Quote Post
wes
post Jan 27 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #50

wes

Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jan 27 2018, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jan 27 2018, 08:27 AM) *

Honorable, and respected (!), response. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

I too expressed interest in Mark Henry's potential offering—for a few reasons that I suspect may be shared by others:
1. For many years, there have been no attractive options available to replace my 914's chrome front bumper
2. Mark's "GT-style" front bumper in stainless steel would have been an obviously unoriginal part, so I felt materials/finishes/details could differ a bit. At that point, I figured I may as well match a rear bumper to it.
3. Mark's predicted price range was attractive

But the project seemed to go sideways when two suppliers from Vietnam began to accuse one another of unethical behavior…I found it hard to know who to believe, and frankly neither came off looking all that great. I felt bad for Mark in the midst of that given his investment to that point (money and time), and watched the thread to see what would happen. It seemed like Mark was left holding the bag, and the thread died (IIRC).

And now a product to fill the void that left me looking for alternatives is offered, and by a vendor who is well known and well regarded within the community? I'm in. If there's some way that 914rubber.com can work with Mark to make a chrome "GT" bumper in steel, I would view that as a win-win. I might buy one of those, as well. Just because a cool part is suddenly back on the market doesn't mean it will be around later when we need it....and front bumpers are one of the highest-risk parts on a 914.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
Halfnelson
post Jan 28 2018, 10:49 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 21,303
Region Association: England

I'm definitely interested, but UK based... Any idea on shipping?
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jan 28 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #52

The rubber man

I'm sure there are enough folks that need them we can consolidate a shipment. I have someone over there that could help.
Mark
+Quote Post
djway
post Jan 28 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 19,266

Interested but you are killing me man LOL cash flow going to Oregon at an alarming rate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jan 28 2018, 05:42 PM
Post #54

The rubber man

You have some time to set some cash aside. These are a ways out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
brant
post Jan 28 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #55

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Please put me on the list
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jan 28 2018, 06:20 PM
Post #56

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 28 2018, 03:42 PM) *

You have some time to set some cash aside. These are a ways out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

What you think Mark time wise ? Summer, next fall? Just gauging it for my car..
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jan 28 2018, 06:29 PM
Post #57

The rubber man

I'd say fall. I did get an into to my friends uncle. He has a heavy equipment manufacturing facility. After a brief conversation he said for the quality I will need that he would refer me to an associate that does make these type of parts for other cars. He will also help out as needed. He appreciated the time I took to help his nephew through his ratings and is currently flying for Air China.

+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 28 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #58

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Just a thought for everyone. Ever try to drill chrome? Better order what you need before chrome.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 28 2018, 10:06 PM
Post #59

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Just a concern. Has anyone else noticed that Mark Henry hasn’t logged on in a week? I think that’s unusual for him. Welfare check?
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jan 28 2018, 10:20 PM
Post #60

The rubber man

Yes I was wondering. I have heard nothing from him.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:47 PM