Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Axle Question - 911 Rear hub conversion, Spacer - mated to 944 Turbo CV's
ajracer
post Jan 26 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,945

OK so this is not your normal 914 performance project. Short story and then my question for some assistance from the 914Family. 1974 914 with extensive modifications, including Chevy LS6 engine and Audi transaxle - 6 speed, axle adaptors were custom made to mate the 100 mm CV's

Going from memory about 15 yrs ago, I recall we used typical 911 five lug hub conversion and standard 914 axle bearing, but need the improved range of motion that was achieved using the 944 Turbo CV's; and different length 911 axles with the correct splines (ie. #28) to mate to the 944 CV's. HOWEVER for some reason a "Spacer" was added to the end of the axle before installed into the hub; Anyone know WHY this might be required and IF so would it have to be shimmed tight unto the axle ? Because in my opinion this spacer is a loose fit, Any thoughts or concerns I should be aware of ? Welcome input and assistance, thanks Allan

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 11:13 PM