Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 Sighted In The Wild! San Diego, A Little Over An Hour Ago
Lucky9146
post Feb 13 2018, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Always Wanted A Bigger Go Cart

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,942
Region Association: Southern California

Was heading with my wife to grab lunch in a nearby shopping center waiting at a stop sign in the parking lot when what should round the corner but an orange 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/betty914.jpg)
You just never seem to see them in the wild. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
I did a U-ey and followed him to his spot. He actually drives it around town, like to work! Imagine that! Was not too long ago I was saying I never see a 914 on the road around me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

He is on World as bens9146 but says he doesn't post much. The car is a 70 914-6 conversion built with a 3.2. Nice! He was on his lunch our so had little time but we swapped info.
Pretty cool.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)

Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Feb 13 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #2

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600
Region Association: Southern California

Nice!.

I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago while driving through Valley Center and just as I was coming up to my street off of Cole Grade Rd, a red 914 was turing on to it.

I can't wait until mine is finished. It will become my daily driver while my 2002 goes through a complete restoration.
+Quote Post
cal44
post Feb 13 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,910
Region Association: Southwest Region

There is also a blue 914/4 with a 3.2 running around North County.

I was downtown Encinitas this morning and saw a 914 on coast 101. I think it was a bronze color as I only caught it as they were driving past Swamis.

And yes, it is exciting to see them on the street. I know it sounds silly but each week I'm around new 911's, Ferraris, Maserati's and I couldn't care less.

Give me a vintage oval/split rear window VW or a 914........now wezz' talkin'
Ohhhh' mommy............
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:24 AM