Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do Boxster calipers fit factory 16" Fuchs wheels, Some help please
mmascari
post Feb 14 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,850
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mmascari @ Feb 14 2018, 04:12 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 14 2018, 04:05 PM) *

From what I’ve read on pelican, a lot of repro Fuchs don’t fit due to different inner dimensions than real Fuchs. The cast wheels require more material for the same strength and interfere with the larger calipers.

I just sold a pair of Euromeisters in the classifieds because they didn't fit on the inside. The caliper rubbed and would have required a spacer. This was on the rear with Boxster non-S calipers. I have Boxster calipers on both front and rear. I thought about a small spacer but with a narrow body the offset would have brought the tire even further out towards the fender and would have never fit.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mitox
post Feb 14 2018, 06:20 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 19,302
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(mmascari @ Feb 14 2018, 07:12 PM) *

From what I’ve read on pelican, a lot of repro Fuchs don’t fit due to different inner dimensions than real Fuchs. The cast wheels require more material for the same strength and interfere with the larger calipers.

I just sold a pair of Euromeisters in the classifieds because they didn't fit on the inside. The caliper rubbed and would have required a spacer. This was on the rear with Boxster non-S calipers. I have Boxster calipers on both front and rear. I thought about a small spacer but with a narrow body the offset would have brought the tire even further out towards the fender and would have never fit.

If I understand your situation correctly, it seems that the interference was at the inner section of ID that ramps down to a smaller ID. The caliper must have initially fit into the ID.

Is this correct?

I'm asking, because I want to make my Euromeister work in my flared fenders.

Thanks
+Quote Post
mmascari
post Feb 14 2018, 06:32 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(Mitox @ Feb 14 2018, 04:20 PM) *

If I understand your situation correctly, it seems that the interference was at the inner section of ID that ramps down to a smaller ID. The caliper must have initially fit into the ID.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Oh yeah, the calipers fit with a lot of room within the wheel diameter. The problem for me was the face of the caliper rubbed on the inside of the wheel, therefore required a spacer to push the wheel off the hub/rotor.
+Quote Post
Mitox
post Feb 14 2018, 06:44 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(mmascari @ Feb 14 2018, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Mitox @ Feb 14 2018, 04:20 PM) *

Is this correct?

Thanks

Oh yeah, the calipers fit with a lot of room within the wheel diameter. The problem for me was the face of the caliper rubbed on the inside of the wheel, therefore required a spacer to push the wheel off the hub/rotor.

Thanks. I'm using flares, so will need a spacer anyway, so I think the Euros should be OK with Boxster brakes.
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Feb 14 2018, 07:01 PM
Post #25

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

I bought the wheels and I am going to be using stock -6 calipers. Hoping I do not have to massage the rear fenders. According to the Maxilite Wheel site 16x7 with 23mm offset are good to go. I'll know in a couple of days.
+Quote Post
mmascari
post Feb 14 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 14 2018, 05:01 PM) *

I bought the wheels and I am going to be using stock -6 calipers. Hoping I do not have to massage the rear fenders. According to the Maxilite Wheel site 16x7 with 23mm offset are good to go. I'll know in a couple of days.

Should be....a lot of guys running them with stock calipers.
+Quote Post
andys
post Feb 14 2018, 10:08 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 721

QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 14 2018, 01:39 PM) *

QUOTE(andys @ Feb 14 2018, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Feb 14 2018, 09:07 AM) *

For anyone running 15" wheels you can go with Wilwood Calipers... Also there are a couple tricks to installing these, I can inform anyone interested.

I'm interested in the tricks to install.
Which Wilwoods? Piston sizes? What calipers are you running on the rear? Master cylinder diameter?
Thanks,
Andys

What are you going to do for emergency brake?

Bob B

Not sure who this question is directed to, but my e-brake is a Wilwood mechanical spot.
Andys

Attached Image
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Feb 15 2018, 05:12 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(andys @ Feb 14 2018, 08:08 PM) *

For anyone running 15" wheels you can go with Wilwood Calipers... Also there are a couple tricks to installing these, I can inform anyone interested.

Which Wilwoods? Piston sizes? What calipers are you running on the rear? Master cylinder diameter?
Thanks,
Andys

Bob B

Not sure who this question is directed to, but my e-brake is a Wilwood mechanical spot.
Andys

Attached Image

Ooohhhhh....I like...I need this....another photo with mounting detail? Bellcrank source?
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 15 2018, 06:05 AM
Post #29

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

Summit sells bellcranks in different sizes
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Freezin 914
post Feb 15 2018, 07:33 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 17,687
Region Association: Upper MidWest

For you guys running the boxster calipers, are these track cars? Sixes? I was always told the stock calipers were plenty good provided they were in good working order with quality shoes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 15 2018, 08:11 AM
Post #31

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Feb 15 2018, 08:33 AM) *

For you guys running the boxster calipers, are these track cars? Sixes? I was always told the stock calipers were plenty good provided they were in good working order with quality shoes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Stock is great on a four. Sixes are heavier. V8's, flared cars, ect, usually want more brake. It's not always a - have to. Sometimes its a - want to.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Feb 15 2018, 08:15 AM
Post #32

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

I’m running them front and back with Rich’s kits. My car is street and some Auto cross. Yes it’s overkill, but they look good, brake awesome, cheap and plentiful, but are much newer than the other brakes. I had problems with my rebuilt 914-6 rear calipers. It was easier to update to a 911 emergency brake.
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Feb 15 2018, 08:40 AM
Post #33

914 Guru

Member No.: 50

Good to know they work with 15" too...wonder if I can put my early 911 hubcap wheels on or my 951 alumn spare tire wheels on there for a total sleeper look (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Mitox
post Feb 15 2018, 09:52 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 15 2018, 09:15 AM) *

I’m running them front and back with Rich’s kits. My car is street and some Auto cross. Yes it’s overkill, but they look good, brake awesome, cheap and plentiful, but are much newer than the other brakes. I had problems with my rebuilt 914-6 rear calipers. It was easier to update to a 911 emergency brake.

I've seen Rich's kits referred to several times, but I'm having trouble finding them. Is there a website he runs, or does someone else market them for him?
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 15 2018, 10:02 AM
Post #35

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(Mitox @ Feb 15 2018, 10:52 AM) *

I've seen Rich's kits referred to several times, but I'm having trouble finding them. Is there a website he runs, or does someone else market them for him?

A914guy@ail.com

Great guy. He will email you info if you reach out to him. He has a good number of parts available.
+Quote Post
Mitox
post Feb 15 2018, 10:12 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 15 2018, 11:02 AM) *

A914guy@ail.com

Great guy. He will email you info if you reach out to him. He has a good number of parts available.

Thanks. To be sure though, is the email AOL or AIL?

+Quote Post
burton73
post Feb 15 2018, 10:17 AM
Post #37

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Mitox @ Feb 15 2018, 08:12 AM) *

A914guy@ail.com

AOL.com
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Feb 15 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 10,019

QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Feb 15 2018, 05:33 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) stock brakes with good pads is plenty for general and aggressive street use. I will be doing vented front rotors at minimum and if ambition allows, add some alloy calipers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 15 2018, 10:42 AM
Post #39

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 15 2018, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Mitox @ Feb 15 2018, 08:12 AM) *

A914guy@ail.com

AOL.com

Yea, sorry. AOL
+Quote Post
andys
post Feb 15 2018, 12:24 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 721

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Feb 15 2018, 03:12 AM) *

QUOTE(andys @ Feb 14 2018, 08:08 PM) *

Thanks,
Andys

Bob B

Andys

Attached Image

Ooohhhhh....I like...I need this....another photo with mounting detail? Bellcrank source?

See my build thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...04625&st=20
Start at post #32, then post #37.

Andys
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:38 PM