Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do Boxster calipers fit factory 16" Fuchs wheels, Some help please
SirAndy
post Feb 15 2018, 12:40 PM
Post #41

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 15 2018, 06:15 AM) *
I’m running them front and back with Rich’s kits. My car is street and some Auto cross. Yes it’s overkill, but they look good, brake awesome, cheap and plentiful, but are much newer than the other brakes. I had problems with my rebuilt 914-6 rear calipers. It was easier to update to a 911 emergency brake.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Pretty much the same story here ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Freezin 914
post Feb 16 2018, 07:15 AM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,687
Region Association: Upper MidWest

It’s official, I am interested in doing this upgrade on my car. After reading this thread and seeing all your input it has me curious. Can you all tell the rest of us best place to source parts, mounting kits, any tips to streamline the install? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 16 2018, 08:25 AM
Post #43

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Feb 16 2018, 08:15 AM) *

It’s official, I am interested in doing this upgrade on my car. After reading this thread and seeing all your input it has me curious. Can you all tell the rest of us best place to source parts, mounting kits, any tips to streamline the install? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

914guy@aol.com
Rebel racing

Remember, this puts pretty heavy 911 Carrera rotors on your hubs so unless you have an engine with some HP, you will accelerate slower.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Feb 16 2018, 11:41 AM
Post #44

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 16 2018, 06:25 AM) *

914guy@aol.com
Rebel racing

Remember, this puts pretty heavy 911 Carrera rotors on your hubs so unless you have an engine with some HP, you will accelerate slower.

There are a few videos showing this on youtube with before and after numbers. I'm sure there is a hp/tq number that your car could be putting down and not notice the extra weight. If a stock 4 banger I'm sure you'd notice it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Justinp71
post Feb 16 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 2,922
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 16 2018, 06:25 AM) *

914guy@aol.com
Rebel racing

That was another advantage of the wilwoods, they make a .810" version that works perfectly with the 83 and earlier 20mm vented rotors.
+Quote Post
Freezin 914
post Feb 17 2018, 07:48 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 17,687
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Planning on building a 2056 for the car, not sure if that would constitute enough hp, but again, after reading this thread, I like the idea of newer, better brakes.
+Quote Post
burton73
post Feb 17 2018, 09:30 AM
Post #47

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

So I had a 74 2.0 in 79. Put in a complete fresh 911sc Front suspension and light wheels. It felt great in handling and stopped great. Seemed just as fast.

Bob B
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:56 PM