Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB rear arches / flares, WTB metal or fiberglass flares
kahluver
post Feb 15 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,973
Region Association: Southern California

Hi - My new 914 project is missing it's right rear wheel arch. I'm looking for an inexpensive solution - whether its a used quarter panel to weld back on or a set of widebody flares. This 914 is going to be a "man-cave" project as its ugly, cut up and unrestorable so I'm looking for cheap and functional over "correct". I'd even take a pair of Chalon quarters if the price were right.

Please PM me if you have either an ugly but usable quarter panel or a set of inexpensive flares. I'd take either metal or glass.

Here's a pic of what I'm dealing with. Thanks in advance.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tGmHT30iiqcTlttI3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Feb 15 2018, 10:50 AM
Post #2

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

Wow...I am local and have a very driver side car half available. I'm creating wall art with passenger half. best deal of all...IT"S FREE...you finish cut and haul away.

Oscar

QUOTE(kahluver @ Feb 15 2018, 08:30 AM) *

Hi - My new 914 project is missing it's right rear wheel arch. I'm looking for an inexpensive solution - whether its a used quarter panel to weld back on or a set of widebody flares. This 914 is going to be a "man-cave" project as its ugly, cut up and unrestorable so I'm looking for cheap and functional over "correct". I'd even take a pair of Chalon quarters if the price were right.

Please PM me if you have either an ugly but usable quarter panel or a set of inexpensive flares. I'd take either metal or glass.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tGmHT30iiqcTlttI3

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 15 2018, 11:07 AM
Post #3

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I plan to do that soon.

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 15 2018, 11:50 AM) *

Wow...I am local and have a very driver side car half available. I'm creating wall art with passenger half. best deal of all...IT"S FREE...you finish cut and haul away.

Oscar

+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Feb 15 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #4

Garage Life

Cool...I'm cutting passenger side about 6" in from fender. Just enough to include wheels. everything else is available to who wants it. Do a driver side!!!

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 15 2018, 09:07 AM) *

I plan to do that soon.

Oscar

+Quote Post
kahluver
post Feb 15 2018, 12:00 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,973

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 15 2018, 09:13 AM) *

Cool...I'm cutting passenger side about 6" in from fender. Just enough to include wheels. everything else is available to who wants it. Do a driver side!!!

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 15 2018, 09:07 AM) *

I plan to do that soon.

Oscar

PM Sent - I want it!
+Quote Post
euro911
post Feb 15 2018, 01:48 PM
Post #6

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

OSCAR !!! ... you're gonna cut it up ??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I thought you were gonna build a rusty rat rod out of that one !!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Feb 15 2018, 02:21 PM
Post #7

Garage Life

I know Mark...it hurts but between home and car projects something has to give. At least I'm keeping some of it.

Here's my inspiration.

Attached Image

Oscar

QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 15 2018, 11:48 AM) *

OSCAR !!! ... you're gonna cut it up ??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I thought you were gonna build a rusty rat rod out of that one !!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 15 2018, 02:37 PM
Post #8

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I almost did it to a rusty 912 but there was so much rust and bondo, I was afraid I would cut it into scrap. Sold it for $1,200 instead.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Feb 15 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #9

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

Man, if I had the extra space, I'd grab that 'Tetanus Targa' from you ... yeah, it's rusty, but IIRC, it's pretty solid underneath ...

... and the body isn't going to rust much more than it already has - it has an awesome consistent patina (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:40 AM