Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.0 Vac ports and 123 Distributor, Which to use?
Olympic 914
post Feb 16 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

OK another vacuum hose thread.

Just got my car running again after 4 months down, and during this time I got in on the 123 distributor GB.

My engine is a 2056 with the 2.0 FI and two port throttle body. I have the dizzy set on position #1 which is used for the vacuum advance. and this is the port I have hooked up. (green arrow - A ) and I have blocked off port B

Attached Image

It did run okay but not real enthusiastic, which makes me think I hooked up the wrong vac port on the throttle body. Is port B the advance port?

Previously it had the stock dizzy with both vacuum lines hooked up.

right now it is just static timed at 5 deg btdc using the led built into the 123 dizzy.

what benefits are there to using the vacuum port for advance VS using the retard port and the corresponding setting in the dizzy?

Fortunately I can access the dip switch in the dizzy without removing it. (I think)

Hopefully Beat Navy will wade in on this subject since I think our engines are set up similar.

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:15 AM