Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rotor changes timing, 123 running fine, but?
mgphoto
post Feb 18 2018, 12:17 AM
Post #1

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,225
Region Association: Southern California

So my engine has been really running fine except for a miss that seemed to come on at about 3200 rpms. I'm running the 123 D Jet version #B switch and no vacuum connection to the dizzy. I've pulled the timing back to 26* and I'm using regular gas with an MMT additive to control ping. This setup has been working very well as I've been testing different brands of the additive for effectiveness.
The miss I've attributed to cap, rotor and wires. I replaced the cap and rotor and before replacing the wires I took it for a spin.
The miss seemed to be gone but the ping I had tuned out was back?
I hadn't moved the dizzy, I tightened the clips holding the cap but no other change.
So I pulled the cap and took out the rotor to see what might have changed.
The new cap was identical to the one that came with the dizzy, but the rotor not so much.

Attached Image

I suppose that could be a 2* difference in the rotor pickups?
I put in a rev limiting 5850 rotor I had in my stash and now no miss and no ping!
If there's an issue it will find me...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 03:16 AM