Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOLD FS: 2004 PMS (Vellios) 914-6 oil tank, tank only $300 shipped!
blabla914
post Feb 18 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #1

I like primer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,740
Region Association: None

TANK ONLY!

Tank has been used on my 914 for mostly street duty during summer months and is in very good shape.

I'm replacing it because I want to get back to doing some autocrosses and maybe some track days and I've experienced some oil pressure fluctuations in high g turns with this tank.

Make no mistake, this tank is fine on the street. I have over 90,000 "enthusiastically driven" street miles on this tank with no issues. Once I got R comps on I could occasionally see the oil pressure down around 3 or 4 bar when I know it should be pinned.

Just so you have absolutely no surprises the first couple threads on the supply side aren't cut so great. This has never been a problem. The only reason I even know is I switched from a -12 supply line to a -16 to see if I could fix the oil pressure fluctuations. Didn't make any difference.

I have re-fitted the -12 fitting and sealed it with some loctite 565. You will not have any issues. The scavenge fitting is loose since you will need to remove that to install.

I'm also throwing in two OC54 filters because I'm stupid and bought one when I already had one and then decided to buy one of Ben's tanks.

If you are more or less local to Meriden CT 06450, and you are willing to meet up somewhere I'll take out shipping cost.

Kelly

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rcotten951
post Feb 18 2018, 09:44 PM
Post #2

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,729
Region Association: Northern California

Private Message sent. if it did not come through, let me know, Thanks, Russ
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:17 PM