Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 LE
Bgyglfr
post Feb 19 2018, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,191
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'm gauging interest in my 914 LE. I would like the car to go to a real 914 enthusiast so it is posted here only. I pulled it from a barn a year ago. It had $31k miles on the odometer. I have a little bit of supporting documentation on this but far from complete. The engine is fresh and is in the process of being tuned. We repainted the bumpers and they yellow trim but left the original paint. It has patina including many dents and dings etc. I was planning on keeping the car for myself but I'm looking to raise some funds so here goes. I'm thinking $25k or close. If interested, send a PM and I will send my phone number we can discuss the car. I'm not interested in endless messaging back and forth. Please, if you are interested, pick up the phone and call.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bruce Hinds
post Feb 19 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #2

V-8 madness

Member No.: 7,391
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Feb 19 2018, 05:37 PM) *

I'm gauging interest in my 914 LE. I would like the car to go to a real 914 enthusiast so it is posted here only. I pulled it from a barn a year ago. It had $31k miles on the odometer. I have a little bit of supporting documentation on this but far from complete. The engine is fresh and is in the process of being tuned. We repainted the bumpers and they yellow trim but left the original paint. It has patina including many dents and dings etc. I was planning on keeping the car for myself but I'm looking to raise some funds so here goes. I'm thinking $25k or close. If interested, send a PM and I will send my phone number we can discuss the car. I'm not interested in endless messaging back and forth. Please, if you are interested, pick up the phone and call.

Seems high - how about some pictures . . .
+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Feb 19 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #3

Can't seem to get the pics to load.
+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Feb 19 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #4

Here's a Photobucket link.

http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/bgyglfr/library/914LE
+Quote Post
burton73
post Feb 19 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #5

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

If you do not want countless messages back and forth I understand that but - Please have more pictures to answer the questions we may have. Carb or FI? Original Eng. Do you have the Porsche COA? Pictures of the problem areas. Hell hole, right long, trunk. How far is Brad Mayeur, 914 Ltd. East Peoria, IL from you to CK it out if it is a good one.

Thanks, This will help you get a buyer.

Bob B
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Feb 20 2018, 01:09 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

If interested, send a PM and I will send my phone number we can discuss the car. I'm not interested in endless messaging back and forth. Please, if you are interested, pick up the phone and call.
[/quote]

You will get all sorts wanting to know,by limiting people to a phone call is in this age its going to be a hard sale....that's reality.
You appear to be flipping this car so don't think you are selling a 911R,356 Carerra or a 914/6 and get carried away,these cars have a limited market.
There are better ways to sell on here,go well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) .
+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Feb 20 2018, 04:41 AM
Post #7

Yes. I know Brad. This car is solid. With no rust other than some surface rust on the pan from sitting. It has the original engine and FI and it runs as it should.

I am going back and forth in my mind on wether to sell this car. Maybe that's why I want to make the buyer put in a little effort. If I were really trying to flip this car for the best money, it would be on BAT already. Either way, I believe if someone is serious, they should be willing to pick up the phone. If that's too challenging in this day and age. So be it. I'm not trying to start a debate on here about it. I might be a little high for this market but it's priced pretty close to what a clean 2.0 Is going for. $25k might be a stretch but it's a starting point. It's easier to drop the price than raise it. Lol
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Feb 20 2018, 01:14 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Feb 19 2018, 07:21 PM) *

Seems high - how about some pictures . . .

Maybe, maybe not. Guess it would depend on condition but the three bumblebees I am aware of that sold in the last year were all between 30-40k. Granted they were "restored" but at that rate 25k for a solid driver doesn't seem to out of line.

We are not living in the 90s anymore unfortunately, time to start buying cheap Boxters.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Feb 21 2018, 07:55 AM
Post #9

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

I appreciate you posting here exclusively; however, if you are serious about selling this car, and it appears in the limited pictures posted to be nice, you really need to post the problem areas and obtain a COA from PCNA. GLWTS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
BENBRO02
post Feb 21 2018, 08:14 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 18,493
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 21 2018, 08:55 AM) *

I appreciate you posting here exclusively; however, if you are serious about selling this car, and it appears in the limited pictures posted to be nice, you really need to post the problem areas and obtain a COA from PCNA. GLWTS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I read on another post that PCNA has temporarily stopped issuing COAs. If the owner doesn't already have one it might be difficult to prove the car is an authentic LE.
+Quote Post
fishgeckos
post Feb 21 2018, 09:20 AM
Post #11

fishgeckos

Member No.: 21,680
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Feb 21 2018, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 21 2018, 08:55 AM) *

I read on another post that PCNA has temporarily stopped issuing COAs. If the owner doesn't already have one it might be difficult to prove the car is an authentic LE.

I just received the COA for my car yesterday. It took 5 weeks for them to process the order.
+Quote Post
MikeM
post Feb 21 2018, 10:02 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 11,733
Region Association: Canada

In my opinion COAs are now useless. Porsche is now demanding that the customer supplies engine and trans numbers. It seems all they do is print the COA with the info provided, which of course is useless.
Thoughts?
Mike
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Feb 21 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #13

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

You would be wrong. They want the applicant to provide the SNs because of corruption by some applicants.
+Quote Post
MikeM
post Feb 21 2018, 11:24 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 11,733
Region Association: Canada

I want the factory to supply that information to me!! Not the other way around.As far as I can see that's the only way the COA means anything.
Mike
+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Feb 21 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #15

porsche confirmed today that it does have the Can Am package and that it is matching numbers. I ordered the COA.
+Quote Post
scallyk9
post Feb 28 2018, 08:44 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 20,499
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Well, I tried to study the photographs in Photobucket but I surrendered to all the pop-ups and ads (with music) that you can't remove.

That said, I own a Bumblebee (14584) and several items on this one are not accurate. I would need more photos and documentation to even consider this one at a 25k price. Not saying it's not possible, as there are several 914s of lesser value currently priced for more on eBay. Especially the same Bumblebee that shows up regularly and located in Poland. Many inaccuracies on that one but the seller is asking $39k.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Mar 1 2018, 07:52 AM
Post #17

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Yeah, tried to look at the pictures too; nothing but ads popping up. If you can't post pictures you are costing yourself possible buyers. Not that I was a buyer, but I am just saying pictures help. GLWTS
+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Mar 1 2018, 09:55 AM
Post #18

Scallyk9. What is inaccurate other than the steering wheel, repainted yellow trim and the fact I took the bumperettes off? I intentionally did not repainted the car because it still has the original pale yellow decals and I didn't want to use repops. Everything else is as it left the factory from my understanding.
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Mar 1 2018, 10:44 AM
Post #19

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

This thread is pretty useless without proper pictures of the normal trouble areas.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 1 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #20

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

I have been seeing more and more 'patina' 914LEs lately, its kind of a new paradigm for these cars. Many of the cars on the 914 LE Registry are either project cars, some are drivers, and a very few are pristine concours quality cars. I think its great that this owner has elected to keep the car original in spite of its condition imperfections - keeps it honest and exudes a certain grittiness that is appealing.

It appears to have its original front spoiler intact which is very seldom seen. 914 buyers today are typically well informed about the conditions susceptible to problems and will need to know more about whether they exist on this car. Here is a CS with what I am talking about. What do you think? GLWTS

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:46 AM