Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Great tire install experience in Los Angeles
amfab
post Feb 19 2018, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,004
Region Association: None

It has been difficult for me to find a good tire installer—all I am looking for is someone close who is a decent price who won't trash my wheels. Everyone just seems to want to do it fast, and I end up with sloppy weight installation, and scratched rims from cheap machines or inattentive technicians.

My girlfriend’s 997 needed some tires so after looking around I found ZipTire. (Ziptire.net). 
I have no affiliation with them.

It is a service where he comes out to you with a van and does it on site.
The company is started by an ex-racer and rally driver. He is incredibly meticulous—and careful. He will take the time to clean up the tape from old weight installs and shift the tire on the rim to minimize the number of weights he has to use.

I called him, he ordered the tires, Pilot PS4s, brought ‘em out and installed and took the old ones away. He spent over two hours doing the job because he spent so much time getting the wheels cleaned up before he installed. The cost before taxes installed was only about $80 more than what Tirerack wanted to get them to me uninstalled—and I think he replaced som sensor seals as well. It had been a long time since I have been so happy with a service provider of anything.

Oh, and yes he pointed the bottom of the crests at the valve stems with out me having to ask

-Andrew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:12 AM