Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Future 914er
EdwardBlume
post Jul 9 2003, 11:39 PM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) My wife is expecting and had her second doctor visit today. She got to hear the tiny heartbeat of our first kid. The due date is Dec 24th / 25th. I can't wait to be a Dad and drive him or her around in my Dad's 914. Too cool!

What happens to the 914 habit when you've got kids??? Any stories?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jul 9 2003, 11:42 PM
Post #2

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

When they turn 16, you get them their own teener (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jul 10 2003, 12:04 AM
Post #3

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Hehe, no its 15, get them a project and they work on it till they drive it! I'll get my dad to post, I bet he has something to say.. Btw, congrats and good luck!
+Quote Post
Carl
post Jul 10 2003, 12:17 AM
Post #4

Ummm ... what?

Member No.: 163
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Way to go! Congatulations! This is a step almost as big as getting hooked on 914's.

At our house, the kids came first, the 914 arrived later. I've had 911's around while they grew up so having a special "Dad's Car" is something they're used to.

My older two were never much into cars and were mostly out of the house when the 914 came so they never connected much with it. For my youngest, though, the 914 has been our mutual interest and connecting point. Her high school years haven't been the easiest but, when it comes to 914's, all the other problems get set aside. She likes the cars and the people who own them and it's something we do and enjoy together. I'm very glad for that.

I'll always remember that Meredith and I drove the Tour 2000 together and that she urged me to sign up for it. Great memories. I'm sure you'll have yours, too.

Carl
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jul 10 2003, 12:50 AM
Post #5

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Robs kid will have a project car when he/she is born.. how cool is THAT ?? I didn even have my first one (project car) until age 15.

Congrats (again) Rob (I had the inside scoop 2 weeks ago..LOL) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

B
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jul 10 2003, 04:59 AM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Hey Rob,

Great news!!!

Our daughter Zoey will be 3 this saturday and I can tell you, she's the biggest reward in our lives no matter what.

The kid will rob you from all your free time, money, sleep and will give you lots to worry about, but you will get it all back tenfold (at least).

The delivery sucks. You're just standing there... doing nothing (much) and feeling stoopid and frustrated for not being able to anything.

And THEN the real trouble starts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Your projects? They will just take longer than they used to...
So, if there's anything you need to get done on your car, get bussy and try to finish as much as you can before the little bugger is born (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Enjoy the pregnancy!

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
kafermeister
post Jul 10 2003, 06:17 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 174

Congrats Rob! Our 3rd is due any day now. The first one is a hair-raising, exhilarating experience for anyone. The doctor had to chase me down in the delivery room just so I could cut the cord for our first one.

Congrats again!!! There's nothing like it!

Rick
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jul 10 2003, 08:09 AM
Post #8

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

When your son is 15-16 years old, help them get a job at a gokart track. Then when they are 18 and can drive at a autocross they will smoke your old ass. BTDT!

Geoff
+Quote Post
jfort
post Jul 10 2003, 09:04 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 652
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I picked up my wife and new first son from the Navy hospital in Charleston SC in August 1976 in a yellow 914-6 that I had purchased without my wife's knowing it while she was in the hospital. She was not too happy and a teener did not prove to be a good family car. Shortly thereafter I traded for a 911. I could put a safety seat in the back and it worked out great.
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Jul 10 2003, 10:19 AM
Post #10

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Congrats on the addition to your family.

I took my daughter for her first ride in the 914 when she was 2 1/2 (about 7 months ago). She loves it. We rode with the top off on the roads around LAX so she could watch airplanes too.

She loves to ride in "Daddy's little orange car." Problem is that I have two orange cars. The other is a 72 Fiat 850 Spyder. My daughter calls the 914 the "Targa" and the Fiat the "Spyder." She likes the "Targa" best.

My youngest daugter hasn't ridden in the 914 yet, but she will soon. She likes to sit on my lap in the driveway and "drive" the 914 and wiggle the shifter too.

You are in for some fun. Congrats again.

- Joe
+Quote Post
jdogg
post Jul 10 2003, 11:08 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 204

Congrats!!!
Everytime my son, 15 mos. walks into the garage, he has to sit in the red car. That lasts about 15
seconds then he wants to sit in the yellow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif) , then back to the red (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) ..........he can't decide which he likes best!! haha
My daughter (3 1/2 yrs.) loves to hang out when I'm working on them....she's right there, tools in hand, "helping" me out!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) It is all great stuff!! Love it when I bring her back in the house to mom, covered in grease!!
Projects do take a LOT longer to accomplish, but it is worth the time.......
+Quote Post
Mike's2nd914
post Jul 10 2003, 12:15 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 616

When my 5 year old daughter first looked into the cockpit and saw the two seats, whe looked at my wife and said "Mom, where are you going to sit?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post
Scott Carlberg
post Jul 10 2003, 07:25 PM
Post #13

Porsche MOTORSPORTS

Member No.: 580

QUOTE(jfort @ Jul 10 2003, 08:04 AM)
I picked up my wife...

Wow!
I sooooooooo thought that was going to go in a whole different direction lol

Rob,
congrats on the impending addition to your family.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:29 AM